Walt Disney World Resort is now requiring all guests with reservations booked between June 22, 2020, and July 4, 2020 to confirm, cancel, or modify their reservations by next week on June 12, 2020.
For Guests wishing to confirm their reservations for vacations booked between June 22 and July 4:
- Reach out to your Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, if they have not contacted you already, so that they can properly confirm with the Disney Reservation Center. Or, respond to the email that Disney has sent to you directly.
- You may be moved from a closed to an open resort during this time as needed. However, if your reservation will have to be moved from one Disney Resort hotel to another due to your resort being closed, you will not be charged any additional fees. You will also not have the option to modify your reservation to a resort of your choosing — Disney will do this for you.
- If you are staying in a resort before the theme parks begin to reopen on July 11, 2020, and you want to keep your reservation, your will be downgraded out of a ticket package and your vacation package price will be reduced. If you do not want to go to WDW when the parks are closed, you can move your reservation to new dates for after the theme parks reopen, or you can cancel.
For Guests wishing to modify their reservations to a future date later this year in 2020:
- Reach out to your Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, if they have not contacted you already, so that they can properly confirm with the Disney Reservation Center. Or, follow the prompts given to you in the email Disney sent to you directly.
- Keep in mind that if you want to modify to a date on or after July 11, 2020, you may only modify to one of the announced opened resorts, based on availability. Guests will be responsible for any higher rates.
- Travel protection may be moved to a new reservation in 2020. The Guest will be responsible for any difference in price.
For Guests wishing to cancel their reservations:
- Contact your Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, or reach out to Disney directly.
- Disney is also offering a flexible cancellation policy:
- “To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through October 3, 2020. If Guests need further assistance, they can reach us at the Disney Reservation Center through our online chat feature or by calling our reservation line.”
All Guests can reach Disney directly through the Disney Reservation Center by using the online chat feature or by calling the reservation line. Disney needs to hear from all guests by June 12.
Guests are being sent an email regarding operations, and they must respond by June 12. You can read the full email that is being sent to Guests here.