Walt Disney World recently just released information regarding certain entrainment upon reopening. And according to Disney, “During the initial reopening period, some benefits may be modified or unavailable”.
One of the experiences that stood out to us was the iconic and very popular Electrical Water Pageant parades.
According to the official Walt Disney World website:
The following amenities and experiences will not be available during the initial reopening period:
- Character experiences
- Dog parks
- Electrical Water Pageant
- Marina rentals
- Pin trading
- Spas, salons and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
More On Electrical Water Pageant Parade:
If you are unfamiliar with the Electrical Water Parade, the official Walt Disney World description reads:
An Underwater World of Mystery
A bright green sea monster leads an enchanting, twinkling musical pageant you can see and hear from locations along the shore.
The procession includes a stirring and inspirational medley of patriotic songs while stars and stripes float along the shimmering water.
Don’t miss this beloved nighttime delight!
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – beginning at 8:50 PM
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (including Narcoossee’s) – beginning at 9:00 PM
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – beginning at 9:30 PM
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground – beginning at 9:45 PM
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – beginning at 10:15 PM; in instances when the Happily Ever After fireworks show takes place at 10:00 PM, the Electrical Water Pageant will begin shortly after its conclusion.
- Right outside the entrance of Magic Kingdom park – beginning at 10:35 PM, during Extended Theme Park Hours only.
More Information On Walt Disney World Reopening
Upon reopening to the Walt Disney World Resort to the public, the company is implementing a new reservation system in order to manage capacity. Part of this reservation system includes Annual Passholder entry. At first, we weren’t sure how Disney would be managing guest capacity or their Annual Passholders, however, Disney has stated that due to this unprecedented time, an annual pass will not guarantee park entry.
We also know that when Disney World reopens to guests come mid-July, things at the theme park will look a lot different. Social distancing measures will be put in place, excessive cleanliness, encouragement of mobile orders, plexiglass, the elimination of character meet and greets, parades, fireworks and other similar entertainment that draws a crowd, and much more.
Walt Disney World Resort also recently shared an update on new ticket sales and hotel reservations, dining and experiences, and FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours. You can read more about that here.
At this time, Disney Springs is opened to the public with select restaurants and retail stores welcoming guests.
Are you upset to see the Electrical Water Pageant suspended? Let us know in the comments below.