Disney Springs in Orlando, FL has officially reopened to the public after being closed since mid-March and guests are extremely excited to be back at Walt Disney World Resort — Including a very special someone.
Josh D’Amaro has been spotted visiting Disney Springs on reopening day and guests are loving it!
In case you missed it, Disney recently announced a new leadership team for Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products where Josh D’Amaro was named Chairman, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. Here is the new leadership team:
- Josh D’Amaro Named Chairman, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
- Jeff Vahle Named President, Walt Disney World Resort
- Ken Potrock Named President, Disneyland Resort
- Kareem Daniel Named President, Consumer Products, Games and Publishing
- Thomas Mazloum Named President, Disney Signature Experiences
Disney also announced that many of the previous members on the team will continue to be a part of Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products. These members include:
- Michael Colglazier, President & Managing Director, Disney Parks International
- Jill Estorino, Executive Vice President, Marketing and Sales
- Margaret Giacolone, Chief Counsel
- Tami Garcia, Senior Vice President, Human Resources and Diversity and Inclusion
- Alannah Hall-Smith, Senior Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs
- George Kalogridis, President, Segment Development and Enrichment
- Kevin Lansberry, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Tilak Mandadi, Executive Vice President, Digital and Chief Technology Officer
- Bob Weis, President, Walt Disney Imagineering
And now, D’Amaro is roaming around Disney Springs, interacting with guests, and watching the Most Magical Place on Earth welcome visitors back. (And yes, he was wearing a face mask and following all of the safety and health protocols!)
One Twitter User, @robfux, tweeted out a photo of Josh D’Amaro and the rest of the Disney Leadership Team walking around Disney Springs near Sephora.
— RobFuz (@robfuz) May 20, 2020
It is so nice to see Josh D’Amaro and the rest of the Leadership team visiting Disney Springs on reopening day. If you plan on visiting Disney Springs now that it has officially reopened, there are a few things you may want to keep in mind.
- Parking procedures including the possibility of closures of parking lots depending on capacity. Guests may only park in the Orange and Lime parking garages as all surface parking lots and valet will remain unavailable during the initial reopening of Disney Springs. You can read more about parking procedures here.
- Upon entering, all guests will undergo a temperature screening, and all guests (ages 3 and older) are required to wear face coverings.
- All entry and exit ways will have hand-sanitizing stations available for use. Portable handwashing stations have also been added throughout Disney Springs for guests to utilize when not near a restroom.
- Disney Springs has announced that, in order to keep capacity limited, even if you have an advance dining reservation, you may not be able to get in. You can read more about Disney Springs’ official statement here.
- Disney Springs will not be implementing a bag check, but there will be a temperature screening. You can read all about Disney Springs Security measures here.
- Not all of the stores or restaurants will be opened at first. However, Inside the Magic does have a complete list of all the restaurants that officially reopened on May 20th as well as all of the retailers and shops. Please keep in mind that according to a union leader in an article from The Hollywood Reporter, Disney owned retail shops won’t reportedly begin to open until May 27.
Please note at this time Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL still has not yet announced a reopening day for its theme parks. Inside the Magic will continue to update you as we get more information.
Will you be visiting Disney Springs now that it has officially reopened? Let us know in the comments.