If you are missing the flavors of Disney — You can now recreate some of your favorite Disney dishes thanks to these easy to follow recipes, including this iconic Disney Parks snack.
The famous Mickey Pretzel is a must have each and every time I visit the theme parks (with a side of cheese sauce), and now you can enjoy this famous snack in the comfort of your own home.
Follow along with this recipe to make your very own Mickey Mouse pretzel. If you’re feeling adventurous, try spicing the recipe up by adding cinnamon sugar, a side of cheese sauce, a side of chocolate dipping sauce, or a cream cheese filled pretzel! There are a ton of combinations you could try.
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cups baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 2 ounces butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sugar, for sprinkling on top
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles + a bit more for sprinkling on top
- Combine water, sugar, and salt in a large bowl, and sprinkle yeast on top. Let sit for 5 minutes or until the mixture begins to foam. Add the flour and butter, and mix on low speed until well-combined. Add a ½ cup of rainbow sprinkles. Mix on medium speed for about 4-5 minutes until dough is smooth and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Remove dough from bowl. Clean the bowl and spray with oil. Return dough to bowl and cover with a tea towel, and let it sit in a warm place for about 50-55 minutes, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with oil.
- Bring a medium pot of water and the baking soda to a rolling boil.
- Turn dough out onto a slightly oiled surface and divide into 16 equal pieces. Roll out each piece into a 12-inch rope. Loop a dough rope to form a circle in the middle, but with about 2 inches of dough on the ends. Roll the dough ends into coils on top of the circle to form a Mickey shape. Place onto prepared baking sheet. Repeat for remaining pieces.
- Use tongs to place pretzels into boiling water, one by one, for 15 seconds. Remove from water and place onto lined pan. Brush tops of pretzels with beaten egg and sprinkle with more rainbow sprinkles and sugar.
- Bake until dark golden brown, about 10-13 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack for 5 minutes before serving.
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake In Your Own Home