If you are missing the flavors of Disney — You can now recreate some of your favorite Disney dishes thanks to these easy to follow recipes.
This one, in particular, is based off of Le Cellier Steakhouse in EPCOT. If you have ever dined here, you may remember the delicious Maple Crème Brûlée. Well now, you can make this decadent dessert right in your own kitchen.
- 2 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 9 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple extract
- 12 teaspoons sugar for caramelized topping
- 6 ginger-flavored cookies
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place six 3/4-cup custard cups in large roasting pan.
- Combine cream, milk, and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Slowly bring mixture to a simmer, whisking constantly to dissolve sugar. When sugar is dissolved, stir every few minutes while the mixture is heating to avoid scalding.
- When small bubbles appear around the edges, remove milk mixture from heat.
- Whisk egg yolks and maple extract together in a large bowl. Slowly add hot cream mixture to egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly.
- Divide among custard cups in pan. Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of custard cups.
- Bake custards until center moves only slightly when cups are gently shaken, about 55 minutes. Remove custards from pan.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly cool.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons sugar evenly over each custard.
- Working with one custard at a time, hold kitchen torch so that flame is 2 inches above surface. Direct flame so that sugar melts and browns, about 2 minutes. (If you don’t have a kitchen torch, preheat broiler. Sieve 2 teaspoons brown sugar atop each custard. Place dishes on small baking sheet. Broil until sugar just starts to caramelize, rotating sheet for even browning, about 2 minutes, then chill until topping hardens, about 2 hours.)
- Top with a ginger-flavored cookie.
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake In Your Own Home