Walt Disney World is gearing up for one of the most magical celebrations yet — The 50th anniversary!
And to prepare for this milestone, the theme parks will be in tip-top shape. In fact, Disney has been working hard on cleaning up certain aspects of the parks — including Prince Charming Regal Carrousel, the marquees of Peter Pan’s Flight and Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak, and the Tangled area at Magic Kingdom.
Now, it seems as though the theme parks may be receiving new signage as several new permits have been filed.
From the Adventureland bridge in Magic Kingdom to the Hollywood Studios icon sign, it looks as though Walt Disney World may be replacing and reinstalling signs at all of the theme parks — or at the very least performing some type of improvement work.
Here is a list of all permits recently filed:
- 743 W Savannah Cir (AK Discovery Island Area Development) – General Construction
- 1478 Avenue of the Stars # H (Showcase Plaza) – General Construction
- 550 Stage Ln (DHS Icon) – General Construction
- 1402 Magic Kingdom Dr (Control Tower) – General Construction
- 1400 Monorail Wy (MO 3) – General Construction
- 4815 Caribbean Wy (Adventureland Bridge) – General Construction
- 1355 Monorail Wy (Plaza Pavilion) – General Construction
- 1340 Magic Kingdom Dr (Fantasyland Tea Cup) – General Construction
At this time, we do not know what these permits are for exactly, but because the contractor listed on all the permits is Sign Producers Inc., we can suspect they are relating to replacing, or at the very least fixing, signs around the Disney World theme parks and that this is more than likely relating to getting the theme parks ready for Disney World’s 50th anniversary celebration, which kicks off on October 1.
Inside the Magic will update you as we get information relating to these permits.
For more information on Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary, visit our website here.
What do you think these permits are for? Let us know in the comments below.