Not long ago, Walt Disney World announced that they will reduce social distancing at the theme parks in a phased approach and we are continuing to see this unfold right before our eyes.
The theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort — Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom — have already begun filling all rows on select attractions and inside some theaters as well as removed social distancing markers from some queue lines for rides.
Now, we are seeing social distancing markers also disappear from other areas of the theme parks.
Reddit user rush02112 posted a photo showing social distancing markers being removed as you can clearly see in the photo where the sticker used to sit. They wrote:
Social distance markers removed
At this time we are unsure of where exactly this photo was taken within Walt Disney World, but the removal of the social distancing markers is just another step in the theme parks phased reopening approach.
Inside the Magic will continue to update you on the safety protocols at Walt Disney World.
In addition to these social distancing markers being removed, we have also already seen Cast Members begin to remove other social distancing markers from areas in Disney Springs.
We have also noticed that the plexiglass and social distancing markers in the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance queue line at Disney’s Hollywood Studios have been removed.
Certain Walt Disney World attractions are now loading all rows, including on Tower of Terror, as part of their reduction in social distancing as well as some shows begin to fill in all rows. We have seen this demonstrated at For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
And one of the biggest changes so far is that the Disney Skyliner is now loading multiple parties into the gondolas. This is a pretty big change as when Walt Disney World reopened last July, due to the ongoing pandemic, Disney was only seating one party per Skyliner gondola. This was enforced in order to keep Guests safe while traveling throughout Disney property.
At this time the Walt Disney World website states the following when it comes to social distancing:
Temporary adjustments are still in place to promote physical distancing. While we will reduce physical distancing measures for Guests across many areas with a gradual, phased approach, six-feet distancing measures will continue in all dining locations, merchandise stores and in areas where Guests can temporarily remove their masks.
Physical distancing measures may include:
- Signage and Ground Markings: Please follow directional signage and ground markings, which have been installed throughout Walt Disney World Resort to help Guests better navigate common areas while practicing physical distancing.
- Physical Barriers: Physical barriers have been added in select places to help promote proper separation between people, including in queues and on transportation and attractions. Barriers may also be visible, for example, in areas around cash registers or at Guest Relations.
- Party Size: Guests traveling in parties of more than 10 are asked to split into smaller groups in queues, dining locations and other areas around our parks and resorts to better allow for physical distancing.
- Parking: Cashless payment is recommended at the auto plazas.
- Training: Cast Members are trained to engage with Guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.
For more information on safety protocols at the theme parks, visit the official Walt Disney World website here.
Are you excited to see social distancing being removed from certain parts of the theme parks? Let us know in the comments below.