The Disney Wish, Disney’s newest cruise ship, just announced a slew of magical offerings that Guests will be able to utilize while onboard the ship.
As of May 27, Disney Cruise Line lovers will finally be able to book a sailing aboard the Disney Wish, where they will be able to dine in a theatrical experience with Anna and Elsa, experience the first-ever Disney attraction at sea, the AquaMouse, new shows such as Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular, and more! But when you are booking a Disney Cruise Line stay, your room is just as important as the experiences aboard the ship, and the Disney Wish does not disappoint.
There are a variety of Disney Wish staterooms available for Guests to choose from, all of which give Guests a luxurious and spacious feel with full bathrooms, plenty of storage, and stunning views. To make things even more exciting, 90% of staterooms have ocean views, 70% have verandas. Disney announced that these staterooms will be:
A New Twist on Bedtime Stories
New for the Disney Wish, Walt Disney Imagineers have imbued every stateroom with the soft, dreamlike worlds and restful imagery of enchanted Disney fairytales through glittering gold-leafed headboard murals and framed pieces commissioned exclusively for the Disney Wish. In line with the ship’s overall design motif of enchantment, stateroom artwork will represent classic and contemporary Disney stories that capture the essence of wish fulfillment and dreams come true, such as Cinderella (whose maxim “a dream is a wish your heart makes when you’re fast asleep” is particularly fitting).
The official description continued:
Beyond the artwork, every detail has been designed to tell a story, from pixie-dusted furnishings to delicate linen embroidery inspired by the fleet’s signature golden filigree. This even extends into the corridors, where exquisite decoration serves the greater purpose of wayfinding: Richly themed carpeting, softly colored accent walls, magical lighting and unique adornments will provide guests with an intuitive yet artful cue to know they’ve arrived at their home away from home.
Want to know more details about your future Disney Wish room? Check it out below!
Dreamy Details and Wished-For Features
Every stateroom aboard the Disney Wish has been designed with ample room for families, plenty of storage space and upscale amenities. Most of the ship’s 1,254 staterooms will offer an ocean view — including 877 (70%) with a spacious verandah — and there will be 451 connecting doors that adjoin rooms to accommodate larger families. Some connecting staterooms will have a partition between verandahs that may be opened to create a bigger, shared balcony.
- Most staterooms will feature Disney Cruise Line’s signature split-bathroom concept, with a sink and shower in one room and a sink and toilet in a separate room. All will include a bathtub – perfect for giving children a bath.
Enhanced storage options, roomy closets and elevated bed frames with generous under-bed space will provide plenty of places to store suitcases and other bulky items essential to family travel.
Little ones will delight in a secret starfield hidden above pull-down beds, with original artwork revealing a constellation of Fairy Godmother overhead.
Other exceptional amenities and highlights will include a 43-inch TV, USB and USB-C ports, large vanity, mini drawer refrigerator, full-length mirror, mini safe, hair dryer, privacy divider, queen and pull-out sofa beds, deluxe toiletries, plush robes, and lavish bed linens and duvets.
It gets even more magical — the Disney Wish will be the first of the Disney Cruise Line ships to offer a two-story Cinderella-themed stateroom with spiraled staircases and stunning views:
The Disney Wish will elevate the concierge experience with 76 concierge staterooms and suites – more than double the number available on other Disney ships.
- Accommodating up to five guests, these rooms will feature spacious living areas, king beds, luxurious finishes and premium amenities. Most will include a generous private verandah, and most have been designed with the rich color palette and distinctive iconography of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Tangled.”
- One-bedroom concierge suites will have a separate living room, walk-in closets, two 43-inch TVs and two bathrooms (including a master bathroom with rain shower, bathtub and double vanity).
- Seven exclusive oceanview rooms are Disney’s first-ever staterooms located above the bridge. These will have extended living areas with breathtaking views of the ocean through floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook the bow.
The Disney Wish will also debut four royal suites that celebrate the gilded world of Disney Animation’s “Sleeping Beauty,” with two Princess Aurora Royal Suites and two Briar Rose Royal Suites. Each pair includes a single-floor option and a two-story configuration, the first of their kind for the Disney fleet.
- Royal suites will feature extravagant details, upscale furnishings and first-class amenities, including an extensive living area, open dining salon, sizeable pantry and private hot tub on the oversized verandah.
- Each suite has two master bedrooms — each with its own opulent bathroom featuring a double vanity and either a rain shower or bathtub — as well as a double sleeper sofa in the living room and a third bathroom with a shower.
- The two-story royal suites will boast floor-to-ceiling windows and stunning statement pieces, like an elegant spiral staircase and a spectacular two-deck-high bespoke stained-glass frieze
Stay tuned to Inside the Magic as we continue to bring you all of the information regarding the Disney Wish!
Which stateroom would you like to stay in aboard the Disney Wish? Do you plan on booking a sailing?
The expert team at Academy Travel can help you plan any magical Disney vacation, whether you want to hit the high seas with Disney Cruise Line or visit any of the Disney Parks properties around the world.