Have you ever saw someone’s photos at Disney World and thought, I wish I could have a photoshoot at Magic Kingdom? Well, you actually can, and now booking that session for you, with friends, or with loved ones just got easier!
Capture Your Moment is a 20-minute photo session that Guests can book in advance where they will get a Disney PhotoPass photographer and professional camera all to themselves!
Personally, I have seen this service be used many times for special occasions such as engagements, first visits, birthday celebrations, and more, and I can tell you that every time, I am jealous that I didn’t think to book the service, even if I was just getting photos to celebrate being in Disney World!
The service only costs $50, which, for Disney pricing is not too shabby when you think of the hundreds of photos that may come from the session! Plus, if you have ever used PhotoPass, you know that those Cast Members are like your personal hype squad, ensuring you are laughing, feel comfortable, and are having a great time.
Photoshoots can feel a little weird for some people, but PhotoPass has a book full of different poses and positions in their minds that they will guide you through, so really, all you have to do is smile!
Well, we have some great news to share about the new service. Guests can now book Capture Your Moment online, or via the My Disney Experience app! When the service first launched, Guests had to call to book, but now you can reserve a spot with the touch of a finger!
Disney Parks Blog recently announced:
To make it easier for you to book Capture Your Moment, starting today, you can now search for available sessions and book online by clicking here, or you can reserve your session by using the My Disney Experience app.
If you want to inform us in advance about the special occasion you’ll be celebrating during your session, you can share those details with us by calling (407) 939-7758. Or, you can share those specifics with your photographer when you check in for your session at Town Square Theater. Either way, your photographer will ensure your session is customized to highlight your unique celebration.
Related: Know Before You Go: Guide to Disney World’s PhotoPass Service
The article goes on to discuss reservation recommendations, as well as what will come with the package when they book Capture Your Moment:
Advance reservations are strongly recommended, especially for morning sessions. Bookings can be made up to 60 days in advance. A limited number of same-day reservations may be available; to inquire, visit the Disney PhotoPass Center inside Town Square Theater, or check for availability and book a session using the My Disney Experience app.
Prints and digital downloads are not included with the price of a Capture Your Moment session. However, those with a Disney PhotoPass entitlement like Memory Maker or Memory Maker One Day, as well as qualifying Annual Passholders with a Disney PhotoPass download benefit, can download the photos taken during Capture Your Moment from their Disney account at no extra cost.
Personally, I do not think that this fantastic service was widely known as I have stopped in at the Town Square Theater personally to see if same-day reservations were available during Christmas, which is a peak season, and they were! That being said, now that the service will be visible to Guests on the My Disney Experience app, I have no doubt that it will start to turn some more heads. Therefore, to avoid disappointment, we recommend following Disney’s wise words and book the session as early as possible within that 60-day window.
It seems that at the moment, the new way of booking the Capture Your Moment is still being rolled out, as when we here at Inside the Magic clicked link in Disney Parks Blog’s article, it brought us to a page with a contact number (as seen in the image below). Disney Parks Blog did say it would be available today so we suggest keeping an eye on the website!
For more details on Capture Your Moment, check out all the information that Disney has provided on the service below:
Reserve a personalized 20-minute photo session that captures the fun and excitement of your special day—and your own unique style! We’ll get everyone in the picture and give you lots of different shots to choose from. Then just purchase your favorites to download and share!
Want more time to strike a pose and more photo options? Book 2 Capture Your Moment sessions back-to-back. You’ll get 40 minutes with your photographer and the chance to visit at least 2 different Magic Kingdom photo locations.
With Magic Kingdom park as a backdrop and our Disney PhotoPass photographers snapping the shots, it’s a picture-perfect way to remember your
- Child’s Birth or Adoption
- First Walt Disney World Visit
- Family Reunion
- And more!
While photos are not included in the price of the session, Guests who have Memory Maker, Memory Maker One Day or a qualifying Walt Disney World Annual Pass with a Disney PhotoPass benefit can download these Capture Your Moment photos at no extra cost!
Know Before You Go
View important details about booking a photo session, cancellation policies and what’s included in the experience.
- Advance reservations are highly recommended and available by calling (407) 939-7758.†
- A limited number of same-day reservations may be available. Visit Box Office Gifts inside Magic Kingdom Park for same-day inquiries and booking.
- The Capture Your Moment photo experience is only available during regular park hours at Magic Kingdom park.
- Valid Magic Kingdom park admission is required and not included in the session price.
- Full payment is due at time of booking.
- No-shows or cancellations made within 24 hours of the reservation time will be charged the full price of the session.
- Guests who wish to book time with a photographer for longer than 20 minutes must book additional 20-minute sessions in advance, with each session priced at $50.
- Photos are not included in the price of the session. Prints and digital downloads can be purchased separately at Town Square Theater or on the Disney PhotoPass web page.
- A gratuity is not required.
- All Capture Your Moment photo sessions offer an iconic Magic Kingdom park setting including a view of Cinderella Castle. Your photographer will tell you which locations are available at the start of your session. Locations are subject to change based on inclement weather and park operations.
- Attire and Guest-supplied props must comply with Walt Disney World Resort Property Rules.
- Guests under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult (18 or older).
- The maximum party size is 8 per session.
- Wedding attire is not permitted.
- Prices and services are subject to change without notice.
†Guests younger than age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Arrival and Check In
Plan to arrive at Box Office Gifts inside Town Square Theater along Main Street, U.S.A. at least 10 minutes prior to your reservation time. Your photographer will meet you here and escort you to the selected location. Sessions cannot be extended due to late arrival.
Would you ever consider booking a Capture Your Moment session? Let us know in the comments below.