When you have a night at home, sometimes you want to cook up something homestyle and savory for your family. However, you may also be craving a taste of your magical home – Walt Disney World Resort. Guess what? You don’t have to choose! You can have both in one signature dish! Disney Parks Blog recently shared their recipe for Beef Bourguignon from EPCOT‘s Festival of the Holidays.
This entrée promises homey, savory goodness that will make you feel like you are being wrapped up in a metaphorical food blanket. Experience the comfort of a homecooked meal inspired by one of Disney’s seasonal favorites. This dish is offered at the Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays at the Yukon Holiday Kitchen in the Canada pavilion. But, now you can whip up this recipe in your own kitchen! We have Disney’s recipe below so that you can start cooking.
Recipe Source: Disney Parks Blog
Beef Bourguignon from EPCOT
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 ounces smoked bacon, diced
- 3 pounds beef brisket, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces, or stew meat
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups red wine (Merlot, Pinot Noir, or Chianti)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 12 small fresh or frozen pearl onions, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, divided
Crushed Red Skinned Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus more, to taste
- 3 pounds red-skinned potatoes, washed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- White pepper, to taste
For Beef Bourguignon:
- Heat butter and bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium heat and cook until bacon is brown and beginning to crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Pat beef dry and season generously with salt and pepper. Sear in Dutch oven with butter and bacon fat, 1-2 minutes per side, until browned. Remove from pan with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots, and mushrooms and sauté 6 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften. Stir in rosemary and thyme.
- Add tomato paste and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes, until paste begins to caramelize, but does not burn.
- Return beef and bacon to pan. Add flour and stir constantly for 5 minutes. Add wine, beef broth, and vinegar and stir to deglaze pot. Then, add pearl onions and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours until meat is tender and sauce is thickened. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of parsley and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
For Red Skinned Crushed Potatoes:
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt and the potatoes and boil for 10-15 minutes, until soft. Drain potatoes.
- Return potatoes to pot and mash with a hand masher or electric mixer until just broken. Add butter, sour cream, vinegar, and mash until potatoes are mashed, but still lumpy.
- Season with additional salt and white pepper, to taste.
Divide potatoes among 6 bowls. Ladle beef bourguignon on top of potatoes and garnish with remaining chopped parsley.
Note: Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
For a printable version of this recipe from Disney, click here.
More Recipes for the Kitchen of a Disney Fan
Do you love Disney Parks recipes and Disney-inspired recipes? Here are some more great recipes to whip up in your kitchen, from homestyle dishes to delicious desserts!
- Disney Recipe: Quinoa Salad from Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- 28 Best Copycat Disney Inspired Recipes
- Disney Recipe: Mom’s Meatloaf from 50’s Prime Time Café
- Disney Recipe: Make The Delicious Maple Crème Brûlée From EPCOT At Home
- Recipe: Disney’s Riviera Resort Raspberry Caramel Chocolate Cake
Will you be cooking this beef bourguignon from EPCOT for some homestyle flavor? Let us know in the comments!