If you are headed to Walt Disney World Resort this year, there are so many wonderful desserts you can sample throughout your Disney vacation. For those who cannot visit the Florida resort this year, it is always a good time to bring some Disney magic home to you. From Halloween Mickey Caramel Apples to Hazelnut Soup, we have you covered for some amazing Disney recipes.
Riviera Raspberry Caramel Chocolate Cake Recipe
Disney’s Riviera Resort offers some amazing dining experiences, including the table service restaurant called Topolino’s Terrace. This signature dining experience whisks your taste buds away on a journey through some signature cuisine inspired by French and Italian fare. Among these delectable dishes, the Warm Chocolate Cake with Molten Raspberry-Caramel Center stands out as a Disney fan favorite. Just think of that smooth caramel sauce and the warm raspberry filling combining with the rich chocolate flavor. Disney guests have waited in anticipation of this glorious dessert to arrive at their table. Now, you don’t have to wait, because you can make this elegant Raspberry Caramel Chocolate Cake recipe at home. This recipe is so good that it deserves a spot on Tiana’s Palace menu or a rave review by Anton Ego.
Raspberry Caramel Chocolate Cake (Disney Parks Blog)
Ingredients (Recipe serves 12 people):
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup chopped milk chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
CHOCOLATE CAKE BATTER
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups chopped dark chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 6 egg yolks
For Raspberry-Caramel Center:
- Place raspberries in food processor and purée until smooth.
- Melt chopped chocolate in microwave-safe bowl on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Combine sugar and water in small saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat and cook until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and whisk in heavy cream and puréed raspberries. Pour over melted chocolate and stir with spatula. Add butter and salt; stir until incorporated.
- Set aside.
For Chocolate Cake Batter:
- Sift powdered sugar, all-purpose flour, and salt into small bowl.
- Melt butter and chopped chocolate in microwave safe bowl on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Whisk eggs and egg yolk in medium bowl and add to chocolate mixture. Add in sifted powdered sugar mixture and whisk until smooth.
For Warm Chocolate Cake with Molten Raspberry-Caramel Center:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 1/2 cup muffin tins or aluminum baking cups with unsalted butter.
- Add 1/4 cup of cake batter into each tin. Top with 1 tablespoon of raspberry caramel and another 1/4 cup of chocolate cake batter.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, until edges are baked but center is still soft. Rest for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Serve warm.
Cook’s Note: Serve with vanilla gelato or fresh berries.
Remember, always be safe when cooking at home, especially with recipes that contain hot substances and sharp objects for preparation. Please note this recipe was converted from a restaurant kitchen so flavor profile may vary.
Additional Disney Parks Recipes and Magic
If you are looking for more Disney Parks recipes, check out our article with almost 30 Disney Parks copycat recipes here! Maybe you can’t stroll down Main Street U.S.A. with a Mickey pretzel in hand this year, put you can still get the satisfaction of a Mickey Pretzel at home. We’ve got other at home activities for you for the Halloween season as well, including some ways to bring Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party home to your family. Boo to You!
Let us know if you tasted the magic of this Riviera Raspberry Caramel Chocolate Cake recipe at home in the comments!