These are not your grandmother’s chocolate chip cookies.
Actually, they’re Chef Erich’s.
If you’ve ever been inside Disney’s elegant Grand Floridian Resort & Spa while visiting Walt Disney World Resort, there is a good chance you’ve tasted their delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies. What you may not have known is that those cookies are made from a special recipe only served at the Grand Floridian. At least, until now.
In preparation for National Cookie Day (May 15, 2020), Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has released its beloved secret cookie recipe for you to make at home.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe Source: Disney
Makes about 3 dozen medium, or 18 large cookies
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks butter), softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
12-ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 330°F.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and powdered sugar in a separate bowl and cream with electric mixer until fluffy.
- With mixer running, add eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla. Mix until combined, scraping sides of bowl.
- Slowly add flour mixture, scraping sides of bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon dough for medium cookies and 2 tablespoons for large onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until light golden, 10 to 12 minutes for medium cookies, 12 to 14 minutes for large.
Chef Erich and the Grand Floridian bakers take great pride in their cookies. Not only do they make their own chocolate chip cookies, but 20 years they’ve come together at Christmastime to make a massive and elaborate gingerbread house with a cookie store inside serving fresh chocolate chip cookies, gingerbread mickeys and all sorts of goodies.
There is no doubt that they released the recipe so far ahead of national cookie day so you can practice the recipe and have it just right by May 15.
The release of this recipe is just the latest way Disney has attempted to bring the magic to all of its fans stuck at home. From the Disney Magic Moments campaign to the star-studded singalong that aired on ABC, Disney has pulled out all the stops to keep the magic alive until the parks and movie theaters can reopen once again.