Who’s ready for the holiday season? Christmas songs, mistletoe, Hallmark movies, garland, and lights, and more!
But one of my favorite things about the holidays is baking, especially Disney treats. Well, Disney Parks Blog has shared one of their iconic treat recipes with all of us so we can bring the magic into our homes this holiday season.
Belle’s Enchanted Christmas Tree is a festive snack found at Gaston’s Tavern in Magic Kingdom. It consists of a stack of almond macarons, cranberry buttercream, and cranberry-orange white chocolate ganache. Yum!
Belle’s Enchanted Christmas Tree from Magic Kingdom Park
Recipe via Disney
CRANBERRY SWISS BUTTERCREAM
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 drops red food coloring
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cranberry purée
CRANBERRY-ORANGE WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 2/3 cup cranberry purée
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 3/4 cups almond flour
- 12 egg whites, divided 5 drops green food coloring
FOR CRANBERRY SWISS BUTTERCREAM:
1. Cream butter in bowl of mixer fitted with paddle attachment until fluffy. Add salt, vanilla, and food coloring. Beat on medium speed until combined.
2. Combine egg whites and sugar in double boiler or heat safe bowl placed over a pot of simmering water. Stir to dissolve sugar. Continue cooking, stirring often, until egg whites reach temperature of 140°F. Transfer to clean bowl of an electric mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Whip at high speed for 10 minutes, until egg whites reach a temperature of 70-80°F.
3. Add butter mixture to egg whites. Whip on high speed for 10-15 minutes, until buttercream becomes smooth and fluffy.
4. Add in cranberry purée, 1/4 cup at a time, allowing buttercream to become smooth after each addition.
5. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 days.
FOR CRANBERRY-ORANGE WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
1. Place white chocolate in medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine corn syrup, heavy cream, cranberry purée, and orange zest in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until simmering. Pour over white chocolate and let sit for 5 minutes. Whisk to fully melt chocolate. Add butter and purée with immersion blender.
3. Cool to room temperature before filling macarons. May be refrigerated up to 3 days if not using right away.
Other At-Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Disney Recipe: Gingerbread Cookies
- Disney Recipe: Mickey Holiday Cookies
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home