We could all use a bit of holiday cheer during these unfortunate times — So why not bake some gingerbread cookies?
Bring a bit of the Disney flavors into the comfort of your own home with this official Disney gingerbread cookie recipe. Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa is known for their incredible gingerbread house during the holiday season and now they are sharing the recipe they use with all of us.
Whether you are looking to make your very own gingerbread house or looking to munch on some delicious gingerbread cookies, follow along with this step by step recipe to bring some cheer into your house.
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 2 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 ¼ teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground star anise
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground clove
- ¼ teaspoon ground mace
Step by Step Instructions
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until smooth using an electric mixer. Add the eggs and mix until combined.
- Sift all the remaining dry ingredients in a separate large mixing bowl and mix well. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture until a dough forms
- Remove dough from the bowl and wrap in plastic wrap; place in refrigerator until firm, two to four hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheets.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and allow the dough to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes, until pliable. Divide dough in half and place on a floured work surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until about 1/8 inch thick. While rolling, flour the work surface and rolling pin as needed.
- Cut out desired cookie shapes with cookie cutters. Transfer cookies to a greased cookie sheet, placing them 1 inch apart.
- Lightly brush cookies with milk and sprinkle with sugar granules as desired.
- Bake until firm and edges begin to darken, 10-14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for a minute, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home