Who’s ready for the holiday season? Christmas songs, mistletoe, Hallmark movies, garland, and lights, I could go on and on.
But one of my favorite things about the holidays is baking! Chocolate chip cookies, gingerbread houses, sugar cookies, fruit cake. There are so many iconic sweet treats people bake year after year that become a tradition for the holidays. Well, what about changing up those traditions and adding in some Disney magic!
Disney Family shared a fun Mickey holiday cookie recipe that you’re entire family will love. However, this isn’t just any ordinary cookie — No, it has a fun surprise inside!
If you want to recreate these fun holiday cookies, follow along with this recipe.
Holiday Mickey Cookies
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp almond extract
- Red or green food coloring
- Mickey cookie cutter (3 1/2″)
- Circle cookie cutter (2″ round)
- 2 1/4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 7 1/2 tsp meringue powder
- 1/4 cup water
- Red or green food coloring
- Pastry bag and tip (or zip-top bag
Mix the flour, salt, and baking powder together in a bowl and set aside. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in eggs, vanilla, almond extract, and some drops of red food coloring. Add more coloring until you get a really bright shade of red and mix until well combined.
Add dry ingredients and stir just until mixed. Once you add the flour the color will tone down. I added a few more drops to make sure my color was vibrant.
Roll your cookie dough out to 1/4″ thick between two non-stick silicone mats dusted in flour.
Cut out 10 Mickey cookies. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet or silicon mat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes
Roll the remaining cookie dough out to 3/8″ thick. (This dough needs to be thick enough for candies to fit inside.
Cut out Mickeys (you should have 5), set them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, then cut a circle out of the center of each. Refrigerate for 30 min
Preheat oven to 375° F
Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool completely
Stack your cookies with one solid Mickey cookie on the bottom, one with a hole in the middle, and another solid one on top.
- Make the royal icing: put confectioner’s sugar, meringue powder, food coloring, and water into a bowl and beat on low speed for 10 minutes
- Place icing in a pastry bag fitted with a tip or a zip-top bag with a small hole cut at the end. Pipe an outline around the edge of the top Mickey cookies. Pipe an outer edge of icing on the bottom cookie if you would like to secure the middle cookie. Fill with candies. Enjoy!
Other At-Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Disney Recipe: Gingerbread Cookies
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House