Today, the Disney Skyliner is experiencing technical difficulties, causing some Guests to be stuck mid-air for more than 30 minutes.
The gondola transportation system is experiencing some downtime today, so it is important to check with nearby Cast Members regarding Disney Skyliner operations if you are on vacation and wanting to use the gondolas to get to and from the theme parks and resorts.
One Walt Disney World Guest took to Twitter to express her frustrations, saying, “OMG .. stuck on Skyline going on 30 minutes… im a T1 Diabetic.. alone … they need to fix this ASAP …”
@WaltDisneyWorld OMG .. stuck on Skyline going on 30 minutes… im a T1 Diabetic.. alone … they need to fix this ASAP …
— Lisa Thomas-Sachar (@piggybrat) November 29, 2020
The Disney Skyliner, like other transportation options at Disney World, is no stranger to issues, so a situation like this is not uncommon. However, on most days, the gondolas run like clockwork without any major reported problems.
Disney Skyliner Gondolas
In case you haven’t ridden the Skyliner yet, each gondola cabin brings Disney style in one of eight vibrant colors and several Disney themes (from Mickey and the Gang to Disney Animation Classics like Beauty and the Beast to live-action films like Pirates of the Caribbean or Star Wars). There are a total of five loading stations along the line and nearly 300 Skyliner cabins.
Disney Skyliner Stations
The Disney Skyliner is used for connecting EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios with four surrounding resorts — Disney’s Art of Animation, Disney’s Pop Century, Disney’s Caribbean Beach, and Disney’s Riviera Resort.
- The EPCOT International Gateway station is inspired by the European pavilions within the park. The station is covered with metal and glass canopies, beautiful hand-painted murals which are themed to flight and incredible ornate metal detailing — all in the Art Nouveau style.
- The Disney’s Riviera Resort station is influenced by the Mediterranean coast and will produce an elegant portal for Disney guests.
- The Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort station connects all three routes and is themed with bright island colors associated with the Caribbean.
- The Disney’s Hollywood Studios station reflects the Art Deco style of the theme park’s main entrance. Disney guests arriving on the new Disney Skyliner will be welcomed in with a panoramic view of the park.
- Since Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort are sister resorts, they will share a Disney Skyliner station at Hourglass Lake. Bright and colorful structural forms will create a space that gives off whimsical and contextual feels. Departing the station, guests will hover over Hourglass Lake and lift off to beautiful views of both resort hotels.
Have you ever ridden the Disney Skyliner? Let us know your preferred method of transportation in the comments below.