The Mandalorian season two is nearly here. The long-awaited second series is due to land on October 30th, and frankly, we can’t wait. However, if you’re desperate for some Mando content, don’t worry. The good folks over at Google Play have sent us a list of media that you can consume to do some serious Mandalorian season two research.
Season one ended with the cliffhanger of Moff Gideon wielding the darksaber. Some of these titles will help shed some light on the mysterious weapon’s past. Check out this quick recap video if you need catching up.
This is the way … to get up to speed with everything to do with the Disney+ exclusive before Friday!
Everything you need to watch, read, or play before The Mandalorian season two premieres
Ok, so you’re pretty unlikely to get through all of this before Friday, but hey, you can try! Here’s everything you can take a look at ahead of the season two launch to broaden your knowledge of the Star Wars universe.
- (Novel) Star Wars: Ahsoka
- ‘Ahsoka, who is teased to appear in this season of The Mandalorian, was Anakin’s Padawan and somehow survived Order 66? But how? This comic gives you an inside look into this hero’s journey through the aftermath of the Republic’.
- (Comic) Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Menace Revealed (2018)
- ‘Take a look into Jango’s dark past – revealing how he became a Mandalorian and how he became the cornerstone of the Republic’s Clone Army’.
- (Novel) Star Wars Jango Fett: Open Seasons
- ‘Another look into Jango’s past, this comic provides flashbacks to the battle between the Death Watch and the True Mandalorians on Concord Dawn during the Mandalorian Civil War’.
- (Comic) Star Wars: Age of Rebellion – Villains
- ‘Get a taste for some of Boba’s dangerous side quests as a bounty hunter and dive into what “drives the man behind the mask” in this engrossing anthology’.
- (Comic) Star Wars: Age of Republic
- ‘As a spiritual counterpart to Age of Rebellion, Age of Republic’s Jango storyline follows the bounty hunter on a group mission and sheds light on his relationship with his son/clone, Boba’.
The Mandalorian season two launches October 30th
Some of these titles are a little more difficult to get ahold of. The Knights of the Old Republic game is pretty old school, but it’s certainly worth a look. Other titles like Star Wars: Rebels and The Clone Wars are obviously much easier to stream thanks to Disney+!
- (Show) Star Wars Rebels
- ‘In season three, there is an episode called “Legacy of Mandalore” that details how Sabine Wren came into possession of the dark saber. But just how did it get to Moff Gideon? The show gets us a bit closer to fully answering that question’.
- (Comic) Knights of the Old Republic (Not Official Canon)
- ‘While it might not be Canon, KOTOR is an excellent opportunity to build on your Mandalorian lore and see how the Mandalorian fell and were forced into hiding’.
- (Game) Knights of the Old Republic (Not Official Canon)
- ‘This video from the original KOTOR game shares the importance of the Mandalorian helmet and how the piece of armor plays a special role in their culture’.
- (Show) The Clone Wars
- ‘The Mandalorians play important roles throughout the Clone Wars series. See all Mandalorian appearances here’.
- Coming Soon: (Comic) Star Wars: Bounty Hunters
Our additional Mandalorian season two research recommendations
Google Play has certainly compiled an impressive list of things to watch, read, and play. However, if this still isn’t enough for you hungry Mandalorian fans, you should check out the following titles.
They either take place around the same time, feature a Mandalorian as the main character, or they star a popular character that is due to feature in season two.
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (game)
This older title takes place between The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. It explores Jango Fett’s backstory and explains how the clone army came to be. It doesn’t feature any other Mandalorians, but it’s an underrated Star Wars adventure that stars an underrated Mandalorian bounty hunter. These days you can find it on the PlayStation digital store.
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008 movie)
Ok, so it isn’t the most beloved Star Wars film out there. However, with the reported news that Rosario Dawson will be joining The Mandalorian season two, it’s important to check out the character’s roots. This film marks the first appearance of everyone’s favorite Jedi Padawan and it’s a lot of fun. Anakin Skywalker would be proud. G
Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (game)
This game starts just as the events of Return of the Jedi come to an end. However, it spans multiple decades and ends up taking place at around the time of the sequel trilogy. There’s a little crossover with when Mando takes place, so playing this game could help expand your wider Star Wars knowledge. It broadly helps with your Mandalorian season two research, but more importantly; it’s darn fun.
The Mandalorian season two launches on October 30th and stars Pedro Pascal, Gina Carano, Giancarlo Esposito, and Baby Yoda! Episodes were written by series creator Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, and Rick Famuyiwa.
Are you excited for The Mandalorian season two? Let us know in the comments below.