It’s Sunday? Oh no, it’s Sundae, Churro Sundae that is.
Churros are a Disneyland Resort staple and, Disneyland Park, as well as, Disney California Adventure have gotten very creative in developing new ways to enjoy this cinnamon sugary sweet treat. During the Halloween season at the parks is when you will be able to find this delectable refreshment. And as Southern California doesn’t get your typical cool fall weather, the Churro Sundae is a great way to enjoy those cinnamon flavors of the fall without it being a warm dessert.
But if you can’t make it to The Golden Horseshoe at Disneyland during the fall season, you can still enjoy the Churro Sundae right from the comfort of your own home. @WeKnowDisney posted a fun Disneyland Churro Sundae inspired recipe on Instagram that’s super simple to make. We want to say thanks because we’ll definitely be making this one real soon!
View this post on Instagram
HOMEMADE CHURRO SUNDAE!!! ????? ???? ???? This was one of our favorite Halloween Time treats at Disneyland, and although we miss it like crazy, we’re happy to report that it’s super simple to make at home! ????? ???? ???? All you need is cookie dough ice cream, caramel sauce, whipped cream, and fresh churros. We used Tio Pepe’s churros, and they are perfection! They only take four minutes to cook in the oven, and you can find them at Smart and Final. Rumor has it that these churros are the same ones that they use at the parks! They for sure taste like it! . . . #disneycreators #disneymagicmoments #disney #fall #halloween
- Fresh Churros
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Caramel Sauce
- Whipped Cream
- Swirl Caramel Sauce around your mug, sundae cup, or bowl.
- Scoop in Cookie Dough Ice Cream.
- Top with a dollop of Whipped Cream.
- Drizzle more Caramel Sauce over Whipped Cream.
- Pop in your Fresh Churros like cute little antennas!
Tips and Tricks
- As mentioned by @WeKnowDisney, you can use frozen Churros which Tio Pepe’s is the brand that is rumored to be used by Disneyland. Check here to find out where you can find Tio Pepe’s Churros!
- You can also make you make Churros at home from scratch with the Disney Parks Official recipe linked below in the Other Churro Recipes section.
- Below you’ll also find a recipe for Churro Toffee and it could be super delicious to crumble up the some to top off your Churro Sundae for the extra Churro flavor!
- For the fun holiday version that you can also find at The Golden Horseshoe, swap fall ingredients for Peppermint Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce then top with Brownies!
Other Churro Recipes
- Disney Parks Official Churros
- Disneyland-Inspired Churro Toffee
- Mickey Churro Waffles
- Churro Ice Cream Sandwich
Will you be trying out this copycat recipe? Let us know in the comments below.