If you are looking for a fun, creative way to use those old Disney Park maps — look no further.
DisneyFamily shared a great DIY idea to utilize those Disney Park maps as decorations for the Halloween season. Whether you are headed to the Disney Parks this spooky season be sure to grab some Halloween park maps (or maybe you visited in the past and have extra park maps laying around the house) because you can use them to create a one-of-a-kind souvenir.
These Disney Park Map Pumpkins are a fun way to gather the family around while still bringing some Disney magic into your homes. If you plan on using this no-carve decorating idea to help celebrate your recent Disney trip and the fall-tastic Halloween season, then follow these step-by-step instructions.
What You’ll Need
- Disney Parks maps
- Medium, flat paintbrush
- Water-based or decoupage glue
- Medium-sized pumpkins
How To Make It
- Cut out strips of your Parks maps. You will need about 5 maps per pumpkin.
- Using your paintbrush, paint a light coating of glue on the surface of your pumpkin.
- Lay your map strips one at a time onto the pumpkin, painting a coat of glue over each strip.
- Continue layering and slightly overlapping your maps until the whole pumpkin is covered. The glue will be opaque, but clear when dried.
- Cover any remaining blank spaces at the top or bottom of the pumpkin with smaller map cut-outs.
- Allow several hours for your pumpkins to dry.
More DIY Ideas
Looking for even more fun craft activities? Check these out:
- Disney at Home: Three ADORABLE DIY Crafts Inspired By Mickey Mouse!
- Perfectly Themed Furniture for DIY At Home Imagineering
- DIY Magical Disney and ‘Harry Potter’ Diamond Paintings
- At-Home Imagineering: 8 Disney DIY Ideas to Add Pixie Dust to Your Domicile
- Douse and Scrub With Cute DIY Mickey Soap and Bath Bombs!
Will you be using this easy no-carving decorating idea for your pumpkins this Halloween season? Let us know in the comments below.