The Walt Disney Travel Company has been immensely impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. With all Disney resorts, except Hawaii’s Aulani, closed for the foreseeable future and numerous Disney Cruise Line sailings affected by COVID-19, DCL fans trying to keep up with near-daily changes to Disney’s policies.
Here, we answer all of your Disney Cruise Line coronavirus questions in one place. Updates will be made to these DCL COVID-19 FAQs as the Inside the Magic team receives pertinent information.
How long are Disney Cruise Line sailings suspended?
As of today, Disney Cruise Line has suspended all new sailings from U.S. ports, including Cape Canaveral, New York City, and New Orleans, through April 12, 2020. Disney cruises sailing from Canadian ports have been suspended through at least July 1, 2020.
What if I already have a cruise booked?
If you have already scheduled a DCL cruise, the best thing to do at this point is call Disney Cruise Line at 1-800-951-3532. If your cruise on the Disney fleet has been cancelled by the company, Disney is offering a 125% cruise credit to be used for a future sailing within 15 months of your original departure date. You can also request a 100% refund to your original payment method, if desired.
What DCL sailings have been cancelled?
Here is the list of Disney Cruise Line itineraries that have been cancelled due to COVID-19 at this point:
March 28-April 2
March 29-April 5
March 30- April 3
March 29-April 4
Are cruise bookings currently available?
As of March 18, 2020, Disney Cruise Line has extended the payment deadline on summer 2020 sailings to encourage people to begin traveling again as soon as possible. Full payment of DCL cruises will not be due until just 30 days from departure. If, for example, you are setting sail on the Disney fleet on July 18, your booking doesn’t have to be paid-in-full until June 18.
This Disney Cruise Line payment extension applies to the following dates:
- All sailings aboard the Disney Dream embarking between June 17, 2020 – August 30, 2020
- All sailings aboard the Disney Fantasy embarking between July 18, 2020 – August 31, 2020
- All sailings aboard the Disney Wonder embarking between July 20, 2020 – August 31, 2020
- All sailings aboard the Disney Magic embarking between August 5, 2020 – August 30, 2020
Again, stay tuned to this FAQ article for additional information regarding Disney Cruise Line as it arises.
More FAQs Regarding Disney Parks Closures
- FAQ: How Can You Get A Refund Or Cancel Your Disney Trip?
- FAQs: Everything We Know About Disney’s Responses to the Coronavirus Outbreak
- When Will Disney World and Disneyland Reopen? Everything We Know For Sure So Far!
- Rescheduling a Disney Trip: Will Disney Offer Incentives to Rebook for a Future Visit?
- Disney Trip Cancellation Fees: How This is Different Than the Normal Cancellation Policy