For most people, everything is coming to a grinding halt financially, which means that payment plans for highly-anticipated vacations like a Disney Cruise are put in jeopardy. Thankfully, Disney Cruise Line has taken an understanding approach to this situation.
Inside the Magic is happy to report that as of March 18, 2020, Disney Cruise Line has extended the deadline on summer sailings. Full payment of your cruise will not be due until you are only 30 days away from departure. That means if you are setting sail on July 18, your full payment will not be due until June 18. This special accommodation applies to the following sailings:
- All sailings aboard the Disney Dream embarking between June 17, 2020 – August 30, 2020
- All sailings aboard the Disney Fantasy embarking between July 18, 2020 – August 31, 2020
- All sailings aboard the Disney Wonder embarking between July 20, 2020 – August 31, 2020
- All sailings aboard the Disney Magic embarking between August 5, 2020 – August 30, 2020
Just to clarify, these policy changes apply to not just those little cruises to Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay. They also apply to Disney Cruises all across the Caribbean and Alaska and beyond. Go to the Disney Cruise Line Website to reconfirm your ship’s name and date of departure.
Now, of course, there are conditions for every new policy. Here are those conditions for Disney Cruise Line:
- Guests will not be able to complete Online Check-In or book Cruise Activities/Port Adventures until they have paid in full.
- These new benevolent policies will not apply to Disney Cruise LineAir.
o Payment will be due at time of final for Flexible Air
o Restricted Air is non-refundable once paid
- The cancellation policy will also shift by 30 days, but only for all non-suite/non-concierge staterooms
o There are no changes to the cancellation policy for Suites and Concierge Staterooms
Book Your Next Disney Cruise
One of the best ways to stay up to date on these new policies is by booking your cruise with a travel agent. That’s why we recommend our friends at Academy Travel. They not only help you find the best deal on your ideal Disney Cruise itinerary, but they also keep their ear to the ground on everything that is happening in the cruise industry and will speak to you with complete transparency. So, you are never in the dark about your cruise details. Click here to learn more and receive your free, no-obligation quote today on your next Disney Cruise.