This evening Walt Disney World Resort has made some adjustments to the transportation options and nighttime entertainment offerings due to weather concerns.
The announcement first came as a notification via the official Disney World app, My Disney Experience, which warned guests that certain transportation options would be unavailable (including the Disney Skyliner) and some nighttime entertainment would be canceled. This was due to tonight’s high winds. More specific information regarding the cancelations was also posted on the Disney World website.
You can read the adjustments and cancellations to tonight’s operations and entertainment below:
- Happily Ever After at Magic Kingdom
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Epcot Forever
- Fantasmic! at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Rivers of Light at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Electrical Water Pageant at Seven Seas Lagoon
Special events and parties continuing as scheduled:
- Disney’s After Hours at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Fireworks Dessert Party at Magic Kingdom
- Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Be sure to ask a Cast Member when you check into your special event or party if you have any questions regarding the event operations this evening.
Special events and parties that have been canceled:
- Frozen Ever After Sparking Dessert Party at Epcot
- Fantasmic! Dessert and VIP Experience at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Rivers of Light Dessert Party at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Transportation not operating:
- Disney Skyliner
- Sassagoula River Cruise
Transportation operating, but monitoring winds:
- Ferry Boats at Transportation and Ticket Center
As always, we recommend staying up-to-date with Disney World operations as best as you can while on vacation. You can do so by enabling push notifications on your cell phone so you can be notified of any changes via the My Disney Experience mobile app. We also recommend contacting Guest Services, the front desk of your resort, or any nearby Cast Member if you have any concerns during your stay.
Even though weather can often affect the operations of Walt Disney World entertainment and transportation, we know your vacation will still be a magical one. Disney’s decisions to cancel or modify entertainment and cease operations of certain transportation are made with the safety of guests and Cast Members in mind.
Also remember that even though the Disney Skyliner (which services guest transportation to and from Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Riviera Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort) and the Sassagoula River Cruise (which services guest transportation to Disney Springs from Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter and Port Orleans Resort – Riverside) are not operating this evening, you can still utilize Disney World bus transportation to get to and from your resort and the theme parks.