If you were one of the lucky guests to experience Disney Villains After Hours at Magic Kingdom in 2019, then you know just how frightfully fun and wonderfully wicked the separate ticketed event is! Well, we’re happy to report that the event is coming back in 2020, only this time it’s offering something new and exclusive: a Villains Caravan!
Disney just announced today that the Villains Caravan is being added to Disney Villains After Hours. Here’s what guests can expect from this new and exciting offering:
Based on the popularity of Maleficent dragon’s journey through the park, we are enhancing the experience to include even more villainous fun. New this year, the Villains’ Cursed Caravan will join Maleficent the dragon as she creeps through the park twice nightly. The wicked procession will feature Gaston, Oogie Boogie, Cruella DeVil, Captain Hook and more!
If you’re unfamiliar with Disney Villains After Hours, let us catch you up. Similar to other Disney After Hours events at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Villains After Hours is a separate ticketed event that invited guests to party after Magic Kingdom park closing and enjoy delightful villainous offerings as your favorite Disney antagonists take over the theme park.
Here’s some more information about what will be offered at Disney Villains After Hours in 2020, according to Disney’s most recent release about the event:
- Hades and Meg from “Hercules” will set the castle stage ablaze in “Villains Unite the Night,” featuring appearances by Jafar, The Queen, Dr. Facilier and Maleficent.
- During this sinister soiree, guests can dance the night away as a party DJ spins monstrous music on the Cinderella Castle Forecourt stage.
- Guests can also experience the surprising, villain-inspired enhancements at Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain.
- As they make their way through each land, guests can strike a pose as they come across sharable photo opportunities scattered throughout the park.
- Disney Villains After Hours also includes wickedly good food and beverage selections. A few of the new treats this year are listed below (more will be announced later):
- Painting the Roses Red (Available at Cheshire Café), a cheesecake mousse with raspberry gelée, red cocoa butter, and buttercream leaves;
- Body Language (Available at Storybook Treats), a cookie and cream mousse with chocolate cake, glaçage, and meringue tentacles garnished with a chocolate shell;
- And Five Dozen Eggs Slush (Available at Gaston’s Tavern), a frozen custard with brown sugar topped with whipped cream and garnished with a cinnamon stick.
- Across the park, guests can enjoy access to more than 25 attractions and experiences.
- Guests can also purchase new event merchandise, as well as items from a curated collection of the best Disney villain merchandise available.
Keep in mind that while it does have a slightly haunted theme, this isn’t the same event as Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. The party offers special entertainment, food, merchandise, and the opportunity to experience attractions, but there are no character meet-and-greets during this event, there are no special attraction overlays, and Disney shows the Happily Ever After fireworks display before the park closes, rather than having an exclusive event-only fireworks show. Instead, the focus is more on entertainment, food, and riding as many attractions as possible within the three-hour period after the park closes (although guests can enter the park as early as 7 p.m.).
We recommend Disney After Hours events if they fit into your budget. They are a fun luxury and a great add-on to a Disney vacation, especially on a day you didn’t plan on going to the theme parks. Rest up in the morning and afternoon of your event by hanging around your resort hotel or Disney Springs, then head to the Magic Kingdom to get into the park at 7 p.m. Once the event starts, take advantage of the low wait times, awesome new specialty food and snacks, and enjoy the awesome entertainment.
In 2020, Disney Villains After Hours will take place on 24 select nights from February 7 through July 10. Tickets are already on sale, but anyone who buys tickets ahead of time can save $10 and purchase the tickets for $145 plus tax, or $155 plus tax if you buy on the event night. Annual passholders and Disney Vacation Club (DVC) members also get a $30 discount.
You can purchase tickets for Disney Villains After Hours on the official website, or book your vacation with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner at Academy Travel who can take care of booking your After Hours event tickets and all other essentials and add-ons to your Disney World trip.
Do you plan on attending Disney Villains After Hours at Magic Kingdom in 2020? Let us know in the comments!