This article was originally published on April 2, 2019. We have since updated it to include the most recent information about this event.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party isn’t the only night when Disney Villains come out to play. Soon, your favorite fiendish friends are taking over Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World to add a pinch of wicked to Disney After Hours events.
We love the Disney Villains, and they are some of our favorite characters to meet and greet throughout the Disney Parks. It’s always awesome seeing more representation of underrated Disney characters that we don’t often see year-round in the parks, like Hades and Maleficent. So the announcement of a Disney After Hours event themed after our favorite wicked pals could not be more exciting! On select nights from June 6 through August 8, Disney Villains After Hours will take place at Magic Kingdom and offer guests exclusive entertainment, food, merchandise, and fun after the theme park closes. Guests are also welcome to dress up as their favorite Disney Villain at the event.
Here is everything Disney says you can expect at the Disney Villains After Hours event this summer:
- A Brand-New Disney Villains Stage Show – Hades and Meg from “Hercules” will set the castle stage ablaze in this all-new stage show,
- Villains Unite the Night, which will also feature appearances by Jafar, The Queen, Dr. Facilier and Maleficent.
- Spot Maleficent the Dragon – Maleficent the Dragon, with her Steampunk style and signature wicked grin, will be let loose for the first time at night – breathing fire as she creeps through the park as a one-of-a-kind experience for party guests.
- Villanous Enhancements: Discover surprising, villain-inspired additions at Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain.
- Wickedly Good Food & Beverage -A variety of special food & beverage offerings will also be available for purchase, including tasty desserts, drinks and dishes inspired by The Queen, Cruella de Vil, Maleficent, Hades, Dr. Facilier and even Emperor Zurg.
- Event Merchandise – Event attendees can also purchase new logo merchandise, as well as items from a curated collection of the best Disney Villains merchandise available.
- One Notorious Item to Note: Ever driven to stand out in their unpredictable and audacious fashion, while the Villains will be entertaining guests in the new stage show, they will not be participating in character greetings during the event.
You can now purchase tickets to the Disney Villains After Hours event on the official website here. Tickets cost $139 when purchased in advance and $144 when purchased the night of the event. Annual Passholder and Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of a $30 discount and purchase tickets for $109.
We understand that $139 is quite expensive for an event that lasts only a few hours. If you are interested in learning whether or not Disney After Hours events are worth the price, check out our guide to the events at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom here.
Do you plan to purchase tickets for the Disney Villains After Hours events this summer? Let us know in the comments!