(Article updated January 31, 2019)
Much like the Fairy Godmother helped Cinderella become a princess, Disney’s Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makes dreams come true for young imaginations. Enchanting elements like hairstyling, makeup, royal garments and, of course, the correct crown come together with proper pampering to produce princess perfection.
Each Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is “owned” by Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother. In order to manage magic meaningfully, she relies on Fairy Godmothers-in-training to transform children into royal readiness. Locations around the world (California, Florida, China, and Japan) offer this exciting enchantment for children ages 3-12. Royal transformations take place on board Disney Cruise lines as well.
Magic is made around the world
With a variety of exciting enchantments, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique’s magical make-overs materialize at many different levels. Prices range from around $60 to $595 (these can vary overseas depending on currency conversion). Princess Packages vary from location to location. Some parks may have alternative options; others may be limited in styles.
Walt Disney World
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique can be found in two locations at Disney’s Florida resort. Within the Magic Kingdom, Cinderella’s Castle hosts transformations. At Disney Springs, princesses pampering calls Once Upon a Toy home.
According to the Walt Disney World resort website, royalty arrives in six different packages, including a pair of princely possibilities.
- The Crown Package includes hairstyling, makeup (including face gem), nail polish, small cinch sack and royal princess sash (starting at $64.95 plus tax).
- The Courtyard Package, in addition to all items of the Crown Package, adds in a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique T-shirt and tutu (starting at $109.95 plus tax).
- The Castle Package adds a Disney Princess gown (without shoes) and coordinating accessories, along with all perks from the Crown Package (starting at $199.95 plus tax).
- The Deluxe Castle Package includes all the perks from the Castle Package plus a Deluxe Disney Princess gown (shoes not included) and a coordinating boxed accessory set (starting at $229.95 plus tax).
- The Princess Signature Dress Collection is true royalty. Sash, cinch sack, nail polish, makeup, and hairstyling are just the beginning. Complete with a special garment bag and satin hanger, this top of the line option adds in a “Disney Princess gown made with heirloom-quality fabrics and featuring intricate design details that tell the story of the princess” and “high-quality crystal tiara” (starting at $450.00 plus tax).
- The Knight Package affords young heroes hair styling (including gel), sword, shield, and confetti ($19.95 plus tax).
- The Deluxe Knight Package also includes the same styling/gel, sword, and shield; a royal prince costume enhances this option ($79.95 plus tax).
Both Walt Disney World locations accept reservations (highly recommended) up to 180 days in advance. Call 407 WDW STYLE (939-7835) to book. A credit card is required and faces a $10 fee for not showing up or if the reservation is not canceled 24 hours in advance.
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Sleeping Beauty’s Castle in Fantasyland sells the same Crown, Courtyard, Castle, Deluxe Castle, Princess Signature Dress, Knight and Deluxe Knight packages as Walt Disney World. Disneyland’s Castle and Deluxe Castle Packages also include a portrait package courtesy of Disney PhotoPass.
However, Fairy Godmother’s West Coast operations offer a few extra options:
- The Minnie Dot Package lets young guests enjoy a special “Minnie Hairstyle,” Minnie Mouse Tee, tutu and bow. In addition to a face gem and nail polish, a cinch bag is also included (starting at $124.95 plux tax).
- The Disney “Frozen” Crown Package transforms little ones into Anna or Elsa (choose corresponding braided hair accessory) with snowflake hair ornamentation, shimmering make-up, a face gem, and nail polish. Olaf (by way of a 12-inch plush), a princess sash and cinch bag complete the package (starting at $114.95 plus tax).
- The Disney “Frozen” Package adds either an Anna or Elsa dress to the “Frozen” Crown Package (starting at $164.95 plus tax).
Disneyland only accepts reservations up to two months in advance. The same $10 less than 24 hours/no show fee applies. (714)-781-STYLE (7895) is the number to call for appointments.
Disney Cruise Line
In addition to the Crown, Castle, Royal Knight, “Frozen” packages found at Walt Disney World and Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line’s Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique sets sail with an exclusive Captain’s Package. Fairy Godmother further enchants oceanic adventures with a special Royal Sea Package (3 different days of disguise delight). During Star Wars at Sea events on Disney Fantasy, the force finds new friends of all ages.
NOTE: on select nights, stranger tides transform the boutique into the infamous Pirate’s League!
- Disney Cruise Line’s exclusive Captain’s Package includes a captain’s costume, hairstyling with gel, hat and Captain Mickey Plush ($119.95).
- Royal Sea Package is the ultimate in maritime makeover magic. Three transformations take place during the course of the cruise; choose either the Castle Package or the Disney Frozen Package, plus experience the Under the Sea and Deluxe Maiden Packages. Note: the Deluxe Maiden Package can only be reserved on Pirate Night. Additional treasures include an exclusive “Princess Royal Rolling Trunk,” a boutique frame, and “keepsake glass slipper.” A “special invitation with Glass Slipper Ribbon Necklace” rounds out this Royal Sea surprise ($595).
To arrange this majestic makeover, download the request form found on Disney Cruise Line’s Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique website.
Star Wars Selections
The Disney Fantasy cruise ship greets guests with a galactic gala known as “Star Wars Day at Sea.” Feel the power of the Force with special “Star Wars” transformations. While most Boutique experiences are limited to children ages 3-12, Galactic Transformations are open to adult adventurers.
- Children – Choice of costume, themed makeup/hair, exclusive nametag, special backpack, official lanyard and medallion, authentic Aurebesh decoder keychain ($124.99)
- Adults – Choice of costume t-shirt, themed makeup/hair, official lanyard and medallion, authentic Aurebesh decoder keychain ($79.99)
Both Disneyland Hotel and Tokyo Disneyland park have magical makeover locations. Each boutique has its own photo studio exclusive for new princess photo ops.
Reservations can be made here (only available in Japanese).
Hong Kong Disneyland
At the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Hotel hosts young would-be princesses. Two options are offered.
Both Princess Packages at Hong Kong Disneyland include an 8×10 digitally downloaded photograph and “premium photo folder.”
- Crown Package includes manicure, shimmering makeup, and hair styling. A sash and royal crown complete the makeover (HK$980).
- For the Castle Package, wand, ring set, and costume are added to the Crown Package, along with a take-home makeup palette (HK$1980).
Reservations can be made at Kingdom Gifts or by calling +852-3510-6000.
Fairy Godmother’s Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique brings magic to its Enchanted Storybook Castle location at Shanghai Disneyland. This newest princess parlor provides an exciting add-on by way of a commemorative “Enchanted Storybook.”
Royal Proclamations: things to keep in mind
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is extremely popular and reservations are strongly suggested.
- Costume sizes and styles may be limited or unavailable (and can change at any given time); one suggestion is to bring fitted, pre-purchased attire.
- Magic is serious business and can take anywhere from thirty minutes to an hour for full transformation, so plan accordingly. All guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Some locations also offer PhotoPass add-on packages, inquire at time of reservation. At the very least, don’t forget to bring a camera to take before, during, and after images.
Interested in an adult alternative to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique? Check out Disney’s Character Couture offered at Walt Disney World.