Fans of Disney Villains and all things spooky, get ready. Disney has officially announced that the Guest-favorite Halloween event Oogie Boogie Bash will be returning to the Disneyland Resort this fall!
According to Disney, Oogie Boogie Bash — A Disney Halloween Party will be offered on select nights in September and October 2021. The first Oogie Boogie Bash event was held at Disney California adventure in fall 2019, but due to the theme park closure that lasted from March 2020 through late April 2021, Disney could not host the Halloween event in fall 2020. Fans will be happy to know that the special spooky festivities are back this year — and tickets go on sale on July 13!
Per a press release from Disney:
For family fun after-park hours, Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party* will be offered as a separate-ticket event at Disney California Adventure park on 25 select nights starting Sept. 9. Tickets will be available for purchase beginning July 13 on Disneyland.com.
At Oogie Boogie Bash, kids and guests of all ages can trick-or-treat their way through the park in their favorite Halloween costumes and encounter characters both spooky and fantastic. Guests will experience Disney California Adventure in a unique way, with exclusive offerings like immersive treat trails, “Frightfully Fun Parade,” Villains Groveat the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, “Mickey’s Trick & Treat” show and more.
The following are the spooktacular highlights of this event — keep in mind that World of Color is missing from the lineup, but there is still plenty of fun to be had!
- Entry to Disney California Adventure Park before the party. The party begins at 6 p.m. PT and guests have the opportunity to play in Disney California Adventure three hours before the party starts.
- Wonderfully wicked, immersive treat trails appear throughout Disney California Adventure, offering kids and guests of all ages to don costumes and enjoy trick-or-treating – with an assortment of candy provided by Mars Wrigley confectionery products – under the watchful eyes of favorite characters, some familiar – some new!
- “Frightfully Fun Parade” – The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow leads this spooky showcase, arriving on his ghostly black steed just ahead of the parade and carrying his flickering jack-o’-lantern. A cavalcade of Disney characters and mischievous villains follow, ready to stir up some trouble!
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail becomes Villains Grove, a wondrous and ethereal world of imagery inspired by Disney villains. Redwood Creek is completely transformed with lighting, projections, sounds and special effects, creating a dreamlike environment. This experience unfolds in a series of scenes, each creating a hauntingly beautiful space of color, sound, light and shadow, as stories emerge from the darkest night to create an enchanting world.
- Character sightings feature beloved Disney characters including Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Pluto and Donald Duck– plus villains, too. Guests may be surprised at who they discover at this Halloween party, ready for photos and waves.
- Halloween magic also appears on the facade of Carthay Circle Restaurant on Buena Vista Street. Carthay Circle is enchanted throughout the night as bats swarm, green energy pulses from within and spellbinding moments transform the iconic tower structure.
- Unlimited Disney PhotoPass digital photo downloads from the night are included with admission to Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party. With the help of Disney Photo Pass photographers located throughout the party, it’s easier than ever to capture spooktacular memories – with the whole family in the photo.
The news of Oogie Boogie Bash coming to Disney California Adventure in Anaheim comes not long after Walt Disney World Resort announced the Disney After Hours Boo Bash event coming to Magic Kingdom. Similar to Oogie Boogie Bash, Disney After Hours Boo Bash is a separately ticketed event for the Halloween season. Except at Disney World, the event will run from August through October, while Disneyland’s event in California runs from September through October.
For even more Halloween fun, Disneyland Resort Guests can enjoy the Halloween Screams fireworks show all spooky season at Disneyland Park — only a theme park ticket is needed! Find all the details here.
Disneyland will also decorate for the season in style — and, of course, the Haunted Mansion Holiday is coming back. More information here!
Stay tuned to the official Disneyland Resort website and Inside the Magic for the latest information on Oogie Boogie Bash and Halloween Time at Disneyland.
Are you excited that Oogie Boogie Bash will return in 2021? Let us know in the comments!