Disney has just announced that an all-new amenity, Disney MagicMobile service, is coming to Walt Disney World Resort. just in time for the 50th anniversary. This new service will be an alternative to MagicBands — keep reading to find out more!
So, what do we know about the new Disney MagicMobile Service? Here is a breakdown:
- Soon, Walt Disney World will debut a new MagicBand alternative, the Disney MagicMobile service.
- The service will launch in phases later in 2021 and will be a “convenient and contactless way to access MagicBand features.”
- Disney MagicMobile will be just like having your MagicBand on your phone. That means you will be able to use it for theme park entry!
- Most features of Disney MagicMobile will be accessible simply by holding your mobile device (like iPhone or Android phone) up to an access point, similar to the way a MagicBand works.
- Once the service launches, Guests can choose to use either their MagicBand or MagicMobile, depending on their preferences. Both can also be used simultaneously depending on what is most convenient for you during your trip, so you can switch between using your MagicBand or MagicMobile on your phone.
Here is the information released today on Disney Parks Blog:
The MagicBand, the colorful wristband guests wear at Walt Disney World Resort, makes each visit even simpler and more seamless. We’ve continued to invent and innovate, and soon, we’ll be debuting a new option: Disney MagicMobile service!
Launching in phases starting later this year, Disney MagicMobile service is a convenient and contactless way to access MagicBand features like theme park entry through the power of your iPhone, Apple Watch or other smart device. Guests will be able to create a Disney MagicMobile pass through the My Disney Experience app and add it to their smart device’s digital wallet. It works like magic – most features will be available by just holding up your smart device near an access point, just like you do with a MagicBand. Disney MagicMobile service and its features will roll out first on Apple devices.
Guests may choose to use Disney MagicMobile service or a MagicBand – pick whichever option works best for you during your visit. You can even use both and alternate between the two for added flexibility. We’ll also soon be introducing more MagicBands in trendy new colors and fun designs featuring favorite Disney characters and stories.
Our existing digital room key feature will continue to be available specifically within the My Disney Experience app, which helps guests expedite their arrival by using online check-in service, going directly to their Disney Resort hotel room and using their phone to unlock their door. Disney Resort hotel guests may also still pick up a Key to the World card at their convenience by visiting the front desk.
Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more information on Disney MagicMobile service and MagicBands!
Considering that so many Guests love and often depend on their MagicBands throughout their Walt Disney World Resort vacation, this sounds like an excellent service to provide peace of mind and a backup on your mobile device. Plus, with MagicBands no longer being complimentary to all Disney Resort hotel Guests, MagicMobile is a free alternative to purchasing a MagicBand for your trip.
It’s not yet clear when Disney MagicMobile will officially debut at Walt Disney World, but we are certainly excited to learn more! We’ll report back when more information is released. In the meantime, we’re happy that this service is launching this year in time for the Disney World 50th anniversary celebrations at all four theme parks — Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Click here to get in touch with a Disney travel agent to book your trip today!
What do you think of the upcoming Disney MagicMobile service as an alternative to Disney MagicBands? Let us know in the comments!
This article has been updated since it was originally published.