After a months-long hiring freeze following tens of thousands of layoffs, The Walt Disney Company is slowly beginning to post job listings at Walt Disney World Resort once again. Most recently, the company shared an opening for a Hotel Services Director at the upcoming Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser hotel.
The current job listing reads:
Disney is searching for a seasoned hotelier with senior leadership hospitality experience on land or at sea to serve as Hotel Services Director for our new Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser. As a Hotel Services Director you will lead and implement a unique immersive two-night experience aligned with our Star Wars franchise. A passion for bringing ideas to life, creativity, value a non-traditional work environment, and balance traditional hotel experience with immersive entertainment are all important traits you will need to have to be successful in this role. If selected, you will report to the Regional General Manager – Hotel Operations.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Provide operational leadership for the end to end Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser experience
- Lead a unique immersive experience by using strategic support partnerships and integration to provide an exceptional level of service to our Guests
- Develop high performance teams focused on achieving operational, financial, creative, and performance metrics
- Communicate with Entertainment and Cast Members to keep the experience on schedule while directing social and technical aspects of the operation
- Promote Guest and Cast satisfaction to include show quality, safety, efficiency and productivity
- Focus on anticipating diverse needs of our global consumers and ability to translate these needs into highly relevant and meaningful Guest experiences
- Provide inspiring leadership and direction for environment, conservation, safety and social responsibility programs
- Improve customer service by performing metric validations, reviewing training program effectiveness and adjusting for operational nuance
- Inspire our Cast to exceed Guest expectations every day
- Focus and further develop overall Entertainment show quality standards with the operational areas to ensure ongoing show quality is maintained
- Manage financial planning and budget tracking for areas of responsibility, working with Producers and Production Managers on assigned projects
- Be the central filtering point for all creative input from project team members and other stakeholders
- Collaborate with stakeholders on creative issues by providing detailed information related to the operational impact of creative directives
- Oversee the quality of all offerings and ensure consistency of delivery regarding entertainment elements
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
Although an opening date for the new Star Wars hotel at Walt Disney World Resort has not been announced, this job posting indicates that Disney is getting ever-closer to an opening date. Before the COVID-19 pandemic derailed construction plans for the Galactic Starcruiser hotel, which was announced at the 2019 D23 Expo, Disney posted details about a General Manager position.
Recently, Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Chapek promised that Guests will be absolutely “blown away” by the fully immersive experience that will allow Guests to be part of their own Star Wars story.
On a two-night, three-day adventure, passengers on the Halcyon luxury starship will encounter Star Wars characters like Chewbacca and will take a port excursion to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Park. There, passengers will experience Black Spire Outpost and both attractions — Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
Recently, aerial photos of the Disney Park property gave fans a glimpse of how Imagineering intends to transport Guests from the starship to Disney’s Star Wars land.
Would you like to be a Cast Member onboard the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Resort?