A 12-year-old Star Wars fan from Kentucky has broken a Guinness World Record thanks to a Millennium Falcon LEGO kit.
According to the official Guinness World Records website:
Haddon Haste, a 12-year-old from Louisville in Kentucky, USA, has broken the record for the fastest time to build the LEGO® Star Wars Millennium Falcon micro fighter.
Haddon managed to build all intricate pieces together in a hasty time of 1 min 59.72 sec!
He first got the idea to attempt a Guinness World Records title from watching fellow record breakers Dude Perfect online.
The Guinness World Records article also stated that after Haddon developed an interest in breaking a Guinness World Record during the pandemic, his, Matthew Haste, played a big role in helping him find a record he would enjoy. The duo landed on something that combined two of Haddon’s passions: Star Wars and LEGO sets.
Per Guinness, Matthew shared these thoughts about his son’s accomplishment:
“I am proud of my son for his hard work on this record attempt and I am grateful for your organization for encouraging him to pursue something meaningful in the midst of an otherwise difficult year,” Matthew said.
Below, you can watch an official compilation video of Haddon’s Star Wars record and other LEGO brick Guinness World Records:
The Star Wars LEGO Millennium Falcon Microfighter kit is currently available on the official LEGO website for just $9.99.
The official description of the LEGO set, which is intended for ages 6 and up, includes the following details:
- Young children can role-play as the Rebel hero from Star Wars™ in their own stories with this quick-to-build LEGO® Microfighters version of the Millennium Falcon from the classic Star Wars trilogy.
- The Millennium Falcon Microfighter (75295) features a seat for the Han Solo LEGO® minifigure and 2 stud shooters, for fun, creative play. Han Solo also has a blaster pistol.
- This buildable playset combines brilliantly with the AT-AT vs. Tauntaun Microfighters (75298) set to open up even more play options.
- Easy to build – and to rebuild after battles – this durable, 101-piece, building toy makes the best birthday present, holiday gift or fun surprise treat for creative kids aged 6+.
- The Microfighter measures over 1.5 in. (4 cm) high, 3 in. (8 cm) long and 3 in. (7 cm) wide – a nice, compact size to slip into a child’s backpack ready for play on their travels.
This is the perfect choice for kids who are just starting to develop an interest in LEGO products or in the Star Wars franchise!
If you’re looking for a grown-up version of the Microfighter kit, this $159.99 LEGO version of the Millennium Falcon might be right for you instead.
The set comes with seven LEGO mini-figures, including Lando Calrissian, C-3PO, and R2-D2, all of whom are set to get their own Disney+ series in the near future!
Calrissian will be featured in Lando — we don’t know yet if Billy Dee Williams, Donald Glover, or both will play the suave character — and the beloved droid duo will appear in A Droid Story alongside a brand new animated Star Wars character.
In addition to the LEGO building kits featured above, there are many other LEGO Star Wars sets, including an Imperial tie fighter for those who tend toward the dark side of the Force and Boba Fett’s helmet for those who enjoyed the bounty hunter’s triumphant return in The Mandalorian Season 2.
Brick fanatics everywhere can find great LEGO deals on the official LEGO website anytime or in their local LEGO store retail locations.
What you do think? Have you been inspired to break your own LEGO Star Wars record?