Universal Orlando has finally released official details and opening time frame for the highly anticipated VelociCoaster. Here is what Universal says about its newest attraction:
Florida’s fastest and tallest launch coaster – along with a pack of fierce Velociraptors – will be unleashed at Universal Orlando Resort in 2021 with the debut of Jurassic World VelociCoaster. Concepted and designed by the award-winning Universal Creative team in partnership with acclaimed filmmakers from Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment, this new species of roller coaster touts a series of intense maneuvers that will send guests catapulting up to 70 mph and more than 150 feet in the air with the swiftest of prehistoric predators.
Opening at Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme park, Jurassic World VelociCoaster will be the world’s first coaster based on the blockbuster franchise, and will feature an original story that expands upon the thrills, dinosaurs and environments fans have seen on the big screen. Guests will join the original cast of the films – Chris Pratt as Owen Grady, Bryce Dallas Howard as Claire Dearing and BD Wong as Dr. Henry Wu – as Jurassic World unveils the next evolution of its “carnivore expansion”: the VelociCoaster, where riders embark on a high-speed chase and feel the rush of the hunt while racing alongside a nimble Velociraptor pack.
They further break down the features of this massive coaster as follows:
- Accelerate through two pulse-pounding launches, the fastest reaching 70 mph in 2.4 seconds
- Encounter a one-of-a-kind, 360-degree barrel roll right above the Islands of Adventure lagoon
- Experience a zero-gravity inverted stall that will send riders upside down across 100 feet of track in a jaw-dropping maneuver that is the first of its kind
- Go airborne during the towering “Top Hat,” which propels riders 155 feet in the air and then immediately into an 80 degree drop – Universal’s steepest drop yet
- Brace for a total of 12 heart-pounding seconds of airtime – the thrilling sensation of weightlessness riders feel when they’re lifted from their seats – throughout the entire adventure
Jurassic World VelociCoaster will be the next exciting addition to Jurassic Park at Universal’s Islands of Adventure. Only in this immersive land can visitors come face-to-face with life-size dinosaurs in incredible theme park experiences, including Jurassic Park River Adventure, where a leisure raft ride turns into a daring eight-story plunge to escape a ferocious T. rex; and Raptor Encounter, where guests can test their bravery and get up-close to Velociraptor Blue and the newest additions to the paddock – baby raptors – while learning more about the clever carnivores. Guests can also satisfy their cravings with all-new delectable food items inspired by Isla Nublar.
All of the details of the VelociCoaster on the heels of an apparent “leak” of information that was recently posted and then removed from the Universal website, you can read our coverage of that situation here. We are so excited about the summer 2021 opening time frame of this massive new coaster, but if you just cant wait and want even more information check out this concept video,
We will continue to update you as Universal has said more information about the VelociCoaster will be released in the coming months leading up to the opening of this attraction.
Are you excited for this brand new attraction? Let us know in the comments!