On July 6, 2020, the Walt Disney World resort shared more news with the lucky Annual Passholders that will be attending the Preview days on July 9 and July 10. They confirmed that there will be no tram service available to take would-be Guests from the parking lots to the Transportation and Ticket Center.
Disney wrote to its Passholder Preview Guests an email stating:
Tram service will not be available from the Guest parking lot to the main entrance of the theme park. (For Magic Kingdom park, there will be no tram service from the parking lot to the Transportation & Ticket Center, but the Express Monorail and the Ferryboats will be available from the Transportation & Ticket Center to main entrance).
Inside the Magic recently reported that both the Express Monorail and Ferry Boat services will be used to transport Guests to the Magic Kingdom Park Entrance, but all those staying at a Magic Kingdom resort area hotel — will not have monorail or ferry boat access and will have to find their own way to the Transportation and Ticket Center if they are going to the Magic Kingdom for the preview. Operation of the Monorail and Ferry Boats is set to begin one hour before park opening.
Read More: Transportation Update for WDW AP Preview
After the previews, Disney World confirmed that Bus transportation resumed on June 22, and the Disney Skyliner will resume service on July 15, 2020.
The news about the tram services was shared along with the following information Annual Passholders should keep in mind when attention the preview at either Magic Kingdom or Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
- Restaurants, attractions, experiences and other offerings may be modified and will be limited in capacity and subject to limited availability or closure, based on direction from health experts and government officials to promote physical distancing.
- Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members; temperature screenings are required in some locations.
- Reservations are nontransferable and may not be sold or bartered.
- No modifications to reservations.
- Valid, activated eligible Walt Disney World annual pass and photo ID are required at check-in for each Passholder and each Passholder Guest.
- Activities and attractions subject to change without notice.
- Registered Passholders may experience wait times for popular attractions during this event.
- If you are staying at a Disney Resort hotel, Disney transportation will not be available for this limited event. You will need to provide your own transportation to the theme park parking lot.
The Magic Kingdom will be open for Annual Passholder Previews from 9:00 am – 7:00 pm. Guests will be able to check-in at the main entrance of Magic Kingdom park at any time during those operating hours and will be required to show a government-issued ID and valid pass.