Although the build-your-own-lightsaber experience at Savi’s Workshop in the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge area of Disney’s Hollywood Studios has been suspended, Guests can currently purchase legacy lightsabers from the Batuuvian retail outlet.
We were able to confirm this Disney World update via chat with a Disney Cast Member.
The Cast Member told us:
Yes, it seems as though for the time being, legacy lightsabers – like those used by Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker and others from the Star Wars saga – will be exclusively available at Savi’s Workshop.
Legacy lightsabers were formerly only sold at Dok-Ondor’s Den of Antiquities, which is located next door to Savi’s Workshop.
Dok-Ondor’s mysterious establishment is one of the shops that will be available when Hollywood Studios reopens to the public tomorrow.
Other Galaxy’s Edge stores that will be reopening include:
- Droid Depot Experience
- Droid Depot Store
- Tatooine Traders
Remember, you must have a Disney Park Pass reservation to enter any of Disney World’s four theme parks at this time.
Although the normal Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers is unavailable right now, be aware of these rules and regulations for when the Disney World experience is once again operational:
- $199.99 per lightsaber, plus tax
- Payment will be due upon arrival at the location
- One lightsaber per builder per experience
- Carrying case included
- Additional customization items can be purchased at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities
- Age Recommendation: 5 years or older
- The experience area is limited to the builder and one Guest—at least one person in the party must be age 14 or older
- Guest of the builder may not build a lightsaber when accompanying the builder
- Custom lightsabers are nonrefundable and are not eligible for Annual Passholder or other discounts
Your custom , and . A legacy cyber also includes all of these components, but is prebuilt for purchase from or at Savi’s workshop.will include a ,
The Cast Member we spoke to also reminded us that:
As policies are always subject to change, we suggest keeping eyes on our official website and Disney Parks Blog for updates, as well.
With changes being made to Walt Disney World policies frequently as the phased reopening continues, this is good advice. The team at Inside the Magic will also continue to provide you with up-t0-the-minute updates as Disney theme parks around the world continue their reopening protocols.
Will you buying a legacy lightsaber at Savi’s Workshop soon?
If you are interested in visiting contact the experts at Academy Travel to help you plan your trip. They can help you have the experience you’ve always dreamed of.soon,