How can Guests see their favorite Disney characters when Disney World? Disney has shared some insight into how they are changing character experiences in the theme parks, but now we know exactly where Guests can expect to see characters at Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Disney announced months ago that when Walt Disney World Resort reopens, there will not be traditional character meet and greets available for Guests. Disneyland Resort will not offer traditional character meet and greets, either. We have seen how modified character encounters have been introduced to Shanghai Disneyland and Hong Kong Disneyland, and we expect to see something similar when Disneyland in California and Disney World in Florida reopen. But now, Disney has offered us some more clarity on the character entertainment that Guests can expect at the Walt Disney World theme parks.
Below are is the official list of entertainment performances and character cavalcades that are planned for the Disney World theme parks. Note that at the time of this article’s publication, the showtimes for these cavalcade performances are not yet on the Walt Disney World Resort website or My Disney Experience app, so we will update when we know more information.
Magic Kingdom Entertainment
- Main Street Philharmonic
- Character Cavalcades throughout the day, with Guest-favorite Disney friends appearing along the parade route—which will include:
- The Royal Princess Processional
- Mickey & Friends Cavalcade
- Fantasyland Friends Cavalcade
- A Goofy Cavalcade
- Tinker Bell & the Lost Treasure
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Entertainment
- Character Cruises throughout the day, with Guest-favorite Disney friends appearing in boats around Discovery River—including the following:
- Discovery River Character Cruise
- Discovery Island Drummers
- Donald’s Dino Boat Bash!
- Mickey & Friends Flotilla
- America Gardens Theatre Presents… featuring popular EPCOT performers such as:
- Mariachi Cobre
- Character Cavalcades throughout the day, featuring favorite Disney friends traveling around World Showcase promenade—including:
- Frozen Promenade
- Mickey & Friends World Tour
- Princess Promenade
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Entertainment
- Character Cavalcades throughout the day, with favorite Disney friends appearing along Hollywood Boulevard—including:
- Disney Junior Stars Motorcade
- Mickey & Friends Motorcade
- Pixar Motorcade
If you are planning to visit the Disney World theme parks after they reopen, we suggest reaching out to the Authorized Disney Vacation Planners at Academy Travel. They can help you navigate the parks, resorts, and hotels throughout all of the changes coming to Walt Disney World Resort. Click here to reach out and book a trip!