Disney is asking even more Guests with Walt Disney World Resort vacations booked through July 11 to confirm, modify, or cancel their trips.
Disney had previously contacted Guests with reservations between June 22 and July 4. Now, the next round of Guests with reservations through July 11 (the day the Disney World theme parks begin to reopen) are being contacted, and they will need to respond by June 25.
Keep in mind that all of the Guests being contacted are those with reservations that are taking place before Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom reopen on July 11, and before EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios reopen on July 15.
For Guests wishing to confirm their upcoming reservations for stays through July 11:
- Reach out to your Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, if they have not contacted you already, so that they can properly confirm with the Disney Reservation Center. Or, respond to the email that Disney has sent to you directly.
- You may be moved from a closed to an open resort during this time as needed. However, if your reservation will have to be moved from one Disney Resort hotel to another due to your resort being closed, you will not be charged any additional fees. You will also not have the option to modify your reservation to a resort of your choosing — Disney will do this for you.
- For Guests who had a dining plan, Disney will be modifying their package to remove the dining plan.
- If you are staying in a resort before the theme parks begin to reopen on July 11, 2020, and you want to keep your reservation, your will be downgraded out of a ticket package and your vacation package price will be reduced. If you do not want to go to WDW when the parks are closed, you can move your reservation to new dates for after the theme parks reopen, or you can cancel.
For Guests wishing to modify their reservations to a future date in 2020:
- Reach out to your Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, if they have not contacted you already, so that they can properly confirm with the Disney Reservation Center. Or, follow the prompts given to you in the email Disney sent to you directly.
- Keep in mind that if you want to modify to a date on or after July 11, 2020, you may only modify to one of the announced opened resorts, based on availability. Guests will be responsible for any higher rates.
- Travel protection may be moved to a new reservation in 2020. The Guest will be responsible for any difference in price.
For Guests wishing to cancel their current reservations:
- Contact your Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, or reach out to Disney directly.
Below is the sample email being sent to Walt Disney World Resort Guests:
Returning to a World of Magic
Though some of our experiences have changed, the magic never fades. It never wavers. And it’s still waiting for you to come and experience it. That’s why we are excited about your upcoming stay at a Disney Resort hotel.
But to help you confirm if now is still the right time for your visit, please review the following operational updates and contact your Travel Professional to confirm, modify or cancel your upcoming visit.
Here are a few of the changes:
HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
While visiting Walt Disney World Resort, all Guests ages 2 and older—along with all Cast Members—will be required to wear face coverings. To learn more about this and other measures we have put in place, visit here.
THEME PARKS & EXPERIENCES
Our Theme Parks and Water Parks will still be closed during your travel dates. We will begin a phased re-opening on July 11. However, Disney Springs is currently in a phased re-opening with many retail and dining locations ready to welcome you. For more information on locations open at Disney Springs, please visit here.
Many Disney Resort benefits and amenities may be temporarily unavailable. Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground will be open during your travel dates but other Disney Resort hotels will remain closed. Check here for the latest details.
If you have a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel that won’t be open during your travel dates or if you have a room and theme park ticket package, you can choose to modify your plans by contacting your Travel Professional.
During your stay, dining locations and experiences may be limited to manage capacity and foster physical distancing. To learn more about available dining options, visit here.
Resort transportation around property will be available in limited capacity to allow for physical distancing. Also, if you are arriving via Orlando International Airport, you may still take advantage of Disney’s Magical Express Service. Details here.
We know a stay here during this time will be different. But the world needs magic now more than ever. And we can’t wait to have you here with us. Hope to see you real soon!
Contact your Travel Professional to learn more about your reservation options and next steps.
Response requested by June 25, 2020.
We will continue to update Inside the Magic with more information regarding the Disney Parks reopening as Disney announces it.