Disney shared a simple but fun craft idea — Sun catchers made from coloring sheets — that the whole family can participate in! Personally, I am so excited to try out this craft idea, because not only is it Disney (which instantly makes everything better), but it’s a fun creative outlet which isn’t hard to do!
Stay Creative During Time At Home
While we are spending so much time at home, it can be easy to fall into a rut and let ourselves get bored. Crafts are a great way to stay engaged with our family and friends and be a little extra creative! They can also be a nice break from homeschooling, work, or a fun activity to look forward to at the end of the day!
Here’s What You’ll Need To Make Them
It’s simple — Start with your favorite Disney coloring page! (If you’re looking for some coloring sheets to use for this project, check out this article HERE with some of my favorites.)
- Wax paper
- Painter’s tape or washi crafting tape
- Permanent black marker
- Washable markers
- Construction paper
- Double-sided tape
Here’s How To Make Them
- Download and print coloring pages.
- Use painter’s tape to secure the coloring pages to a flat surface.
- Trim a piece of wax paper about 1 inch larger than the coloring page, and tape waxy-side down on top of the coloring page.
- Begin tracing over the coloring page design with permanent marker.
- Take time to color in the coloring sheet, designing it exactly how you like!
- Create a frame for your sun catcher by cutting a large rectangle from a sheet of construction paper.
- Remove the wax paper sheet from your tabletop. Tape the construction paper frame on top of the art, securing with double-sided tape.
- Hang your picture in the window and enjoy your new Disney art!