Many of us have a lot more time on our hands now with social distancing and stay at home orders being strictly enforced. So if there were ever a time for comfort food, it’s now!
I think I speak for many when I say that cooking and baking has now become an enjoyable pastime that has helped us bring a little comfort and magic into the home through the kitchen!
Making Magic With Disney Parks Recipes
Being a long time Disney fan, I have been enjoying trying out and reading through countless mouthwatering Disney parks recipes — some old and some brand new! One of the ones that has me ready to throw on my apron and get cooking today, is this long retired and incredibly nostalgic, Big Thunder Ranch S’mores Bake!
Big Thunder Ranch BBQ S’mores Bake
Originally a popular dessert dish served at Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue in Anaheim’s Disneyland park, guests now have to make this treat at home in order to relive the delicious nostalgia!
The flavor combination in this s’mores inspired sweet treat, will have you feeling like you’re going camping. The Big Thunder Ranch attraction used to be located in Frontierland and included a scenic walking path, petting zoo and log cabin alongside the family-style BBQ joint. It was replaced in 2016 with the anticipated construction of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
This recipe is easy to follow, so the whole family can join in. It makes eight servings.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- One 10½-ounce box fudge brownie mix
- 1 pound large marshmallows
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons hot fudge sauce, warmed
- 8 graham crackers
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 375°, then coat a 9×13 cake pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare brownie batter per package directions and pour into prepared cake pan.
- Place in oven and bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Remove brownies and set oven to broil.
- Place marshmallows over the brownies, coating evenly.
- Leaving oven door ajar, place marshmallow-topped brownies under broiler 1½ to 2 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown, watching closely to avoid burning.
- Remove, then drizzle hot fudge sauce over top of toasted marshmallows.
- Take half the graham crackers and break into planks; crush other half of graham crackers into crumbs.
- Sprinkle crushed graham crackers over top of toasted marshmallows, and place graham cracker planks randomly into toasted marshmallows. Serve immediately.
Disney recipes make cooking a little more magical, wouldn’t you agree?