Greetings, world travelers! Epcot just released more details about the 2019 International Flower & Garden Festival, and we can’t wait to stop and smell the roses (and taste that amazing food!). This year’s festival will run from March 6 to June 3, bringing all new offerings to Epcot fans and first timers.
By the looks of this year’s International Festival of the Arts, we can tell 2019 will be an epic year for festivals at Epcot. This year’s Flower & Garden Festival will have some pretty amazing sights and sweets, including all new topiaries and additions to the Garden Rocks Concert Series. Of course, we absolutely love the food served at the many outdoor kitchens throughout Epcot during the Flower & Garden Festival each year, and we’ll update you more on those menus later. But for now, let’s talk about the amazing things you can see and do during the festival this year.
Epcot frequenters can look forward to seeing their favorite characters returning in topiary form at this year’s festival. But Epcot is also welcoming some new friends to join in the Flower & Garden décor. Here is a list of all the topiaries you can expect at every location throughout Epcot:
- Anna and Elsa from “Frozen”: Located at the Norway Pavilion
- Bambi and friends featuring Flower, Bambi and Thumper: Located between the United Kingdom Pavilion and Canada Pavilion
- Beauty and the Beast: Located at the France Pavilion
- Bo Peep and her sheep with Buzz Lightyear and Woody from the Disney•Pixar “Toy Story” films: Located at Future World East
- Bromeliad Dragon: Located at the China Pavilion
- Captain Hook and Peter Pan: Located at the United Kingdom Pavilion
- Chip ‘n Dale and Donald Duck with Huey, Dewey and Louie: Located near Showcase Plaza Towers, East and West
- Daisy Duck and the Floral Stars of the Show: Located near Spaceship Earth
- Figment: Located near the Imagination! Pavilion
- Lady and the Tramp: Located at the Italy Pavilion
- Lightning McQueen and Mater from the Disney•Pixar “Cars” films: Located near Test Track
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse enjoy a picnic with topiary hearts: Located at Showcase Plaza
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse: Located at the American Adventure Pavilion
- Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog: Located at the France Pavilion
- Pandas: Located at the China Pavilion
- Pluto and Goofy: Located between Future World and World Showcase
- Simba and friends featuring Rafiki, Simba, Mufasa and Sarabi: Located at The Outpost Shop
- Snow White and Dopey: Located at the Germany Pavilion
- Stitch: Located at Mission: SPACE
- The Three Caballeros featuring Jose, Donald and Panchito: Located at the Mexico Pavilion
- Topiary flowers: Located near MouseGear
- Topiary sunflowers: Located at the American Gardens Theatre
- Troll presented by Adventures by Disney®: Located at the Norway Pavilion
- Welcome to the 2019 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival featuring Topiary Butterflies: Located at the Main Entrance
- Winnie-the-Pooh and friends: Located at the United Kingdom Pavilion
There are also plenty of garden tours and exhibits for guests to experience during the festival. Visit the official website here to learn more.
Garden Rocks Concert Series
Epcot also released the lineup for the 2019 Garden Rocks Concert Series that takes place throughout the festival. Several of the artists are new to the festival, offering new concert experiences to regular attendees and newbies alike. Below is the list of the performers that are currently scheduled. These are subject to change, so we’ll update this article should Disney amend the lineup.
- Journey former lead vocalist STEVE AUGERI – NEW to Garden Rocks: March 6 through 8
- Glass Tiger – NEW to Garden Rocks: March 9 through 10
- Jon Anderson of Yes – NEW to Garden Rocks: March 11 through 12
- Tony Orlando: March 13 through 14
- Simple Plan: March 17 through 20
- Ambrosia – NEW to Garden Rocks: March 21 through 22
- Magic Giant – NEW to Garden Rocks: March 23 through 24
- Air Supply – NEW to Garden Rocks: March 25 through 27
- Berlin, featuring Terri Nunn: March 28 through 29
- The Smithereens – NEW to Garden Rocks: March 30 through 31
- Rick Springfield: April 1 through 2
- Christopher Cross – NEW to Garden Rocks: April 3 through 4
- The Spinners: April 5 through 7
- Dennis DeYoung, original member of the group Styx: April 8 through 9
- John Michael Montgomery – NEW to Garden Rocks: April 10 through 11
- Sister Sledge – NEW to Garden Rocks: April 12 through 13
- Night Ranger: April 14 through 16
- Sister Hazel – NEW to Garden Rocks: April 17 through 19
- Steven Curtis Chapman – NEW to Garden Rocks: April 20 through 21
- TobyMac – NEW to Garden Rocks: April 22 through 23
- Lonestar: April 24 through 26
- The Orchestra, starring former members of ELO: April 27 through 30
- Herman’s Hermits, starring Peter Noone: May 1 through 4
- Don Felder, formerly of The Eagles: May 5 through 7
- A Flock of Seagulls – NEW to Garden Rocks: May 8 through 9
- Marshall Tucker Band – NEW to Garden Rocks: May 10 through 11
- Richard Marx – NEW to Garden Rocks: May 14 through 15
- Starship, starring Mickey Thomas: May 16 through 19
- Colin Hay of Men at Work – NEW to Garden Rocks: May 20 through 21
- War – NEW to Garden Rocks: May 22 through 23
- The Guess Who: May 24 through 27
- Jon Secada: May 28 through 29
- Blood, Sweat and Tears: May 30 through June 1
One of the best things about the Garden Rocks Concert Series at Epcot is that you can listen to live music every night that you visit the theme park. Shows take place 7 nights a week at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m., and 8 p.m. How awesome is that? If you want reserved seating, you can book a dining package during the concert series, as well. Check out the official web page here for more details about the concert series.
Other activities during the festival
Epcot offers amazing, one-of-a-kind experiences for the whole family during the International Flower & Garden Festival every year, and 2019 is no different. If you’re planning a visit this year, we suggest taking a guided tour. These are very unique to the festival and offer something for every interest.
For only $20 per person, you can take the Royal Tea Garden Tour in the United Kingdom pavilion:
The Royal Garden Tea Tour begins at 9:30 AM in the United Kingdom Pavilion at Epcot—before World Showcase opens to the general public at 11:00 AM. Your tour guide will lead you through an elegant tea garden, where you’ll spend approximately 45 minutes exploring the garden in-depth, and learning the artistry and history behind growing and blending tea.
If you’re willing to spend a bit more, for $85 per person, you can experience the Gardens of the World and tour the displays of every pavilion:
Over the course of 3 hours, join a knowledgeable Disney Horticulturist—and a small group of fellow enthusiasts too—for a fascinating walking tour throughout the World Showcase Pavilions. During your journey “around the world,” you’ll experience the following:
- Become privy to behind-the-scenes tales about the award-winning topiaries and gardens that make the Festival so special.
- Examine the role of landscaping at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Learn ways you can apply Disney landscaping techniques at home.
- Discover various plant materials and gardening techniques—and see how landscaping helps develop a theme.
For more information on special tours at Epcot, visit the website here. There are plenty of other activities that take place exclusively during the Flower & Garden Festival. Check out our coverage of last year’s offerings here.
What experiences are you looking forward to during the 2019 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival?