Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival returns to Walt Disney World with stunning new garden spaces and performers at the festival’s Garden Rocks Concert Series.
The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival has been an annual event at Walt Disney World since 1993. The festival is where guests can experience specially-themed floral displays, topiary sculptures of Disney characters, festive foods and drinks, tours, and exciting garden space experiences found all around the world showcase.
WATCH – VIEWS FROM EPCOT FLOWER & GARDEN FESTIVAL 2018:
Some might argue the gardens are the biggest part of the Flower & Garden Festival, and the number of gardens has expanded as part of this year’s festival. This year the park introduced three new additional garden spaces: the Imagination Play Garden, Tropical Rainforest Garden, and The How-To Garden.
WATCH – GARDEN EXPERIENCES AT EPCOT FLOWER & GARDEN FESTIVAL 2018:
Imagination Play Garden (NEW) is where guests can explore a play garden for children of all ages. Located near Imagination Walkway, here is where guests can test their reflexes on a net play climber, discover different sounds in a musical maze and take in the sights of the visually stunning festival while enjoying a nice game of chess.
Tropical Rainforest Garden (NEW) can be found in the Mexico Pavilion, and here is where guests can learn about the many rich plants and animals that inhabit Mexican rainforests. It is also a great spot to stop and take in the scents of spring as the area is packed tight with walls of different types of greenery.
The How-To Garden (NEW) is where guests can discover innovative gardening tips to help them bring the Flower & Garden Festival home to their own backyard. Here, guests can learn how to build their own butterfly house, botanical crafts, and other sustainable ideas to help the environment while also creating a stunning floral display. This new garden space is located in Future World West.
The Goodness Garden Butterfly House Presented by GoGo squeeZ is one special returning attraction that immerses guests in a haven of small and colorful winged creatures. This foliage-filled exhibit in Future World West is full of several different species of butterflies, which guests can experience up-close. Here you can also learn about the life cycle of these small friends and see them emerge from chrysalises.
WATCH – INSIDE GOODNESS GARDEN BUTTERFLY HOUSE:
WATCH – TOURS AND CONCERTS AT EPCOT FLOWER & GARDEN FESTIVAL 2018
The Garden Rocks Concert Series also returns to this year’s event. The series features a lineup of artists known for their throwback beats. It is also a great place to take a break from walking around the World Showcase to dance and grove out to some classic hit songs.
The concerts take place at the America Gardens Theater in the World Showcase and are scheduled from March 2 through May 28. Each night features three show times at 5:30pm, 6:45pm and 8:00pm. Take a look at some of the top charting musical acts below.
- “Night Ranger”
(March 2 to 5, 2018) Known for the song “Sister Christian”
- “STARSHIP” Starring Mickey Thomas
(March 9 to 12, 2018) Known for the song “We Built This City”
- “Simple Plan”
(March 16 to 19, 2018) Known for the song “Welcome to My Life”
- Little River Band
(March 23 to 26, 2018) Known for the song “Reminiscing”
- “The Orchestra,” starring former members of ELO
(March 30 to April 2, 2018) Known for the song “Evil Woman”
- “Foghat” – NEW!
(April 6 to 7, 2018)Known for the song “Slow Ride”
- “Survivor” – NEW!
(April 8 to 9, 2018) Known for the song “Eye of the Tiger”
- “Smash Mouth” – NEW!
(April 13 to 14, 2018) Known for the song “All Star”
- Rick Springfield – NEW!
(April 15 to 16, 2018) Known for the song “Jessie’s Girl”
- Jo Dee Messina – NEW!
(April 20 to 21, 2018) Known for the song “Stand Beside Me”
- “Lonestar” – NEW!
(April 22 to 23, 2018) Known for the song “Amazed”
- “Blood, Sweat and Tears,” featuring Bo Bice (April 27 to 30, 2018) Known for the song “Spinning Wheel”
- “Herman’s Hermits,” starring Peter Noone
(May 4 to 7, 2018) Known for the song “I’m Henry VIII, I Am”
- “Village People” featuring Victor Willis
(May 11 to 12, 2018) Known for the song “Y.M.C.A.”
- Don Felder, formerly of The Eagles – NEW!
(May 13 to 14, 2018) Known for the song “Hotel California”
- “The Guess Who”
(May 18 to 21, 2018) Known for the song “American Woman”
- “The Spinners”
(May 25 to 28, 2018) Known for the song “Working My Way Back To You”
- “Night Ranger”
Guests who would like to enjoy the concert but also have a bite to eat in the park can sign up for Garden Rocks Dining Packages. The packages give the option of breakfast, lunch or dinner at select Epcot restaurants, and guaranteed seating at one of three concert performances later that day. For more information or to book a package, be sure to call (407) WDW-DINE.
The Epcot Flower & Garden Festival also offers special tours, which let guests see the magic of nature. Similar to last year’s offerings, there are four tours available:
- Gardens of the World – ($85 per-person) Explore the lush landscapes and signature displays of the 2018 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival! Over the course of 3 hours, join a knowledgeable Disney Horticulturist—and a small group of fellow enthusiasts too—for a fascinating walking tour throughout the World Showcase Pavilions.
- English Tea Garden Presented by Twinings of London – (complimentary) During this guided foray, you’ll learn more about the artistry behind the growing and blending of herbs, which is vital for the creation of uniquely flavored brews. Bring your camera! More than a dozen tea-flavoring plants are tucked inside oversized saucers strewn throughout the garden, making for delightful photo opportunities.
- Royal Tea Garden Tour – ($18 per-person) Embark on a guided tour of an English tea garden, where you’ll enjoy a sampling of tea and scones. Your tour guide will lead you through an elegant tea garden, where you’ll spend approximately 45 minutes exploring the garden in-depth, and learning the artistry and history of growing and blending tea.
- Behind the Seeds – ($20 – 25 per-person) Explore the future of agriculture and get up-close and personal with the critters of The Land Pavilion on this walking tour where guests get to visit 4 greenhouses and a fish farm. The tour also includes a glimpse of amazing plants, insects, and fish. This tour takes place over the period of one hour.
Lastly, this year’s festival brings awesome new merchandise! Below, take a look at some of the bright and colorful merchandise available throughout the park.
The Epcot Flower & Garden Festival runs now through May 28. To find out more about the festival, including info on the tours, garden spaces, and Garden Rocks Concert Series or to purchase tickets, refer to the official website. Take a look at some of our previous coverage from this year’s event.