So much has changed over the last few months with Disneyland Resort in California. On April 30, Disneyland and Disney California Adventure reopened to California residents and provided Guests to enjoy the parks once again with strict guidelines and rules.
Over time, Disney has continued to update the health and safety procedures based on guidance from the State of California and local health officials, and it looks as though things are looking up for Disneyland Resort in Orange County, as Disney physical distancing markers are currently being removed!
Is Physical Distancing Markers a thing of the past?
Temporary adjustments are in place to help with physical distancing.
While theme park capacity is reduced to help with physical distancing, additional measures may include:
- Signage and Ground Markings: Please follow directional signage and ground markings, which have been installed throughout Disneyland Resort to help Guests better navigate common areas while practising physical distancing.
- Physical Barriers: Physical barriers have been added in selected places to help promote proper separation between people, including in queues and on attractions. Barriers may also be visible, for example, in areas around cash registers or at Guest Relations.
- Party Size: Guest party size will be limited to not more than three households.
- Parking: Cashless payment is recommended at the auto plazas. Cars will be directed to park in every other parking space.
- Training: Cast Members are trained to engage with Guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.
Disney has been given the go-ahead to relax many COVID-19 rules starting June 15 including mask mandates, allowing fully vaccinated Guests to visit mask-free outdoors or indoors in Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, and Downtown Disney District.
They have also announced that Guests can now predetermine for themselves how to socially distance inside the parks,
On Instagram, Paul from @paulsthemeparkadventures showed that Disneyland distancing markers have been removed outside the parks:
Distancing Markers have been removed from the Disneyland Ticket Booth queue
This is extremely exciting, considering many Disneyland offerings were suspended due to social distancing measures in place, including the following:
- Parades and Nighttime Spectaculars
- Character Greetings
- Magical Makeovers at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Single Rider Queues
Hopefully, in the next couple of months, this will mean that many of these Disneyland Resort events will return inside Disneyland and Disney California Adventure theme parks! For the first time in forever, both Disneyland and Walt Disney World will provide the same policies during this pandemic for masks and social distancing!
Check back with Inside the Magic as we share updates and news on Disneyland Resort!
Are you happy that the social distancing markers have been removed? Does this feel like things are going back to normal? Let us know in the comments below!