Walt Disney World has begun to reduce social distancing at the theme parks in a phased approach and now we are seeing this reflected at another attraction — This time at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Brian and Amanda went live on YouTube today to bring followers along on a fun-filled day at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. While visiting, they decided to go on Expedition Everest, which has officially removed select social distancing markers and is no longer enforcing the protocol in the extended queue line.
As you can see in the screenshot below, Cast Members are no longer enforcing the social distancing in the extended queue line at the bridge in Asia of Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Additionally, Brian and Amanda noticed that some of the social distancing markers were removed from the extended queue line, which you can see in the screenshot below.
What’s interesting is that as they got closer to the actual queue line, the social distancing markers were still in place and the protocol was being enforced. You can see this reflected in the screenshots below.
In addition to these social distancing markers being removed from the queue line at Expedition Everest, we have also seen them disappear from areas in Magic Kingdom as well as in sections of Disney Springs.
This is part of Walt Disney World’s phased approach to reduce social distancing at the theme parks. If you haven’t been following along, we have already reported that the theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort — Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom — have begun filling all rows on select attractions and inside some theaters as well as removed social distancing markers from some queue lines for rides.
One of the biggest social distancing changes so far is that the Disney Skyliner is now loading multiple parties into the gondolas. This is a pretty big change as when Walt Disney World reopened last July, due to the ongoing pandemic, Disney was only seating one party per Skyliner gondola. This was enforced in order to keep Guests safe while traveling throughout Disney property.
At this time the Walt Disney World website states the following when it comes to social distancing:
Temporary adjustments are still in place to promote physical distancing. While we will reduce physical distancing measures for Guests across many areas with a gradual, phased approach, six-feet distancing measures will continue in all dining locations, merchandise stores and in areas where Guests can temporarily remove their masks.
Physical distancing measures may include:
- Signage and Ground Markings: Please follow directional signage and ground markings, which have been installed throughout Walt Disney World Resort to help Guests better navigate common areas while practicing physical distancing.
- Physical Barriers: Physical barriers have been added in select places to help promote proper separation between people, including in queues and on transportation and attractions. Barriers may also be visible, for example, in areas around cash registers or at Guest Relations.
- Party Size: Guests traveling in parties of more than 10 are asked to split into smaller groups in queues, dining locations and other areas around our parks and resorts to better allow for physical distancing.
- Parking: Cashless payment is recommended at the auto plazas.
- Training: Cast Members are trained to engage with Guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.
For more information on safety protocols at the theme parks, visit the official Walt Disney World website here.
Are you excited to see social distancing being removed from certain parts of the theme parks? Let us know in the comments below.