With the holidays coming up, make your kitchen – and your family – happy with some magical desserts!
If you want to make your holidays, or even just a weekend more adorable, Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe for Tsum Tsum butter cookies from Hong Kong Disneyland Resort. These cute little Disney Tsum Tsum characters are as sweet as sugar… literally!
We want to share Disney’s recipe for these cookies with you because these treats are anything but cookie-cutter. Plus, if you have enough faith, trust, and pixie dust, any day can be National Cookie Day, so this sweet treat is fantastic for any time of year!
Tsum Tsum Butter Cookies
Recipe Source: Disney Parks Blog
Makes 12-15 Cookies
- 2/3 cup (150 grams) butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups (150 grams) powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 cups (150 grams) cake flour
- 1/8 teaspoon (.1 gram) salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) ice water
- 3 cups (160 grams) powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons (90 milliliters) pasteurized liquid
For Butter Cookies:
- Combine butter and powdered sugar in bowl of
electric mixer and cream until fluffy. Add in yolks,
one at a time, until incorporated.
- Add cake flour and salt and mix until dough is
crumbly. Add ice water and mix on low speed
until soft dough forms.
- Roll into a ball and flatten into a disk. Wrap in
plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (170°C) and line
baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone
- Roll dough into a 1/4-inch (.5 centimeter) thick
rectangle on floured surface.
- Cut into your favorite holiday or Disney shapes
using 3-inch (7.6 centimeter) cookie cutters.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until edges of cookies begin
- Cool on wire racks for at least 30 minutes
For Royal Icing:
- Combine powdered sugar and egg whites in
large bowl. Separate into smaller bowls and tint to
desired colors using gel coloring.
- Decorate cookies as desired. Allow icing to
harden for 15 minutes.
Note: If you would like to open a printable copy of this recipe from Disney, click here.
More Tsum Tsum and Cookie Recipes
If you love recipes inspired by adorable Tsum Tsums, you’re in luck! We have a recipe for Tsum Tsum Cherry Pie here. There is also a whole Tsum Tsum sushi cookbook if you are feeling adventurous with your food selections.
In addition to these Tsum Tsum recipes, we also have plenty of cookie recipes for your sweet tooth. If you can read this article, thank the Phoenicians – and then make some Spaceship Earth cookies. Also, you can whip up some warm gingerbread cookies with this recipe straight from Shanghai Disneyland. You can also try your hand at these fancy holiday Mickey cookies.
Will you be baking up some Tsum Tsum butter cookies? Let us know in the comments!