As you prepare for Thanksgiving, you also prepare for one of the best parts of the holiday: leftovers. Whether you’re cooking for two or twelve, it seems like the fridge always has an abundance of leftover ham, turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and pumpkin pie. Though Thanksgiving leftovers are exciting for the first couple meals, they can become boring after a few servings.
Disney provided a great way for you to mix up your leftovers on the official Disney Parks Blog. Recently, Disney whispered a now-not-so-secret recipe from Disneyland Resort that will mix-up your holiday leftovers. What recipe is it? It’s Disney’s recipe for their holiday ham sliders with pineapple cherry jam from the Disney California Adventure Festival of Holidays. Take your leftovers from traditional to gourmet and chic!
We have provided a copy of Disney’s recipe below! Please note: This sandwich recipe serves eight people. Enjoy!
Holiday Ham Sliders with Pineapple Cherry Jam
Pineapple Cherry Jam
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 8 brioche buns
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1/2 pounds Applewood smoked ham, sliced medium thickness
For Pineapple Cherry Jam:
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add pineapple, vinegar and sugar; cook on low heat for 45 minutes, until vinegar and pineapple juices are reduced and pineapple begins to break down.
- Stir in cherries and mustard; season with salt.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For Ham Slider:
- Preheat griddle or skillet over medium heat. Cut brioche buns in half and spread butter on cut side. Toast on hot griddle for 1 minute, or until golden brown.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat and warm ham.
- Evenly divide ham on warm brioche buns and top with jam.
Cook’s Note: Refrigerate any leftover jam—it’s delicious spread on warm buttered toast.
Note: Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
More Holiday Recipes to Delight You
Will you be adding some gourmet magic to your leftovers with this holiday ham sliders recipe? Let us know in the comments!