Disney has announced that they will be reopening Disney California Adventure Park as an extension of the Downtown Disney experience by allowing Guests to participate in a new shopping and dining offering on Buena Vista Street.
According to Disney Parks Blog, Disney California Adventure Park will be continuing to roll out new experiences for Guests. Just a few weeks back, we reported on the opening of the Disneyland Backlot Premiere Shop at Stage 17. And during that time, we shared that we hoped this would pave the way for more experiences at Disney California Adventure to reopen.
Well, we’re in luck! Beginning next month, Guests will be able to dine and shop inside DCA on Buena Vista Street. Time for the holiday magic at Disneyland Resort to begin!
If you aren’t familiar, Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure is like Main Street, U.S.A., at Disneyland, except it’s themed after the charm of the 1920s in California, when Walt Disney himself first arrived in the Golden State with a “suitcase and a dream.”
Here’s a breakdown of what we can expect:
- Holiday shopping at the retail locations along Buena Vista Street, including Elias & Co., Julius Katz & Sons, and Kingswell Camera Shop.
- Snacks available from Trolley Treats, Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe, and a variety of snack carts all along Buena Vista Street.
- Sit-down dining at Carthay Circle Lounge and mobile order options at Smokejumpers Grill.
- Because Disneyland and Disney California Adventure are still technically closed as part of the state mandate, Guests will not have access to any attractions within the theme park. This shopping and dining experience is more of an extension of the already-open Downtown Disney District.
- It will not cost extra to enter DCA for this shopping and dining experience. This is an opportunity for Guests of Downtown Disney to shop and eat on Buena Vista Street, and parking will continue to be available at the Simba lot.
The exact opening date for shopping and dining on Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure will be announced soon.
Below is the official announcement:
Beginning in November there will be even more distinctively Disney dining and shopping for you to enjoy at the Disneyland Resort, when the Downtown Disney District extends to Buena Vista Street!
Recently, we introduced Downtown Disney guests to the Disneyland Resort Backlot Premiere Shop at Stage 17. This store is currently showcasing an array of seasonal merchandise for you to browse. With Buena Vista Street soon opening select shopping and dining experiences, you can find even more places to enjoy a memorable meal or a fun shopping excursion during your visit.
Here’s what you can discover – be sure to put these places on your shopping and dining list:
- Holiday shopping? Head to Elias & Co. The store is divided into distinct sections for men, women and children, so you’ll find something special for the entire family! At Julius Katz & Sons, peruse even more holiday merchandise and Disney-themed home décor. At Kingswell Camera Shop offers great gift-giving ideas like frames, photo albums and more. Buena Vista Street stores have a variety of your Disney favorites!
- If you are looking to tempt your taste buds with a snack, Trolley Treats offers classic candies, old-fashioned confections and all kinds of freshly made treats. Vending carts will offer popcorn, churros, ice cream and other “must-bite” treats.
Swing by Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe for the enchanting sights and sounds of Buena Vista Street—and a cup of coffee or scrumptious artisan sandwich.
- Sit-down dining options include Carthay Circle Lounge, where you can unwind in our expanded outdoor seating area featuring an all-new menu of cocktails and dining. Smokejumpers Grill is serving up tasty American classics for lunch and dinner with a streamlined menu of burgers, fries, onion rings and craft beer, located just around the corner from Buena Vista Street. The primary way to place your order at this dining location is through mobile order on the Disneyland App.*
Only the shopping and dining experiences along Buena Vista Street will be accessible from the Downtown Disney District at this time, as Disney California Adventure park is currently closed.
We can’t wait to experience this offering at Disney California Adventure. Though the Disneyland Resort theme parks are not given the all-clear to resume operations just yet, this new holiday event will certainly give Disney fans in southern California the magic once again. This will also allow Cast Members to be able to go to work inside the theme park once again. Maybe if we’re lucky, we’ll even see glimpses of work taking place at Avengers Campus in the distance!
Bring on the pixie dust — we can’t wait to go inside the gates of this magical Disney Park!
Stay tuned to Inside the Magic and subscribe to our newsletter for more information — we’ll share more details as they are released!