Since The Mandalorian soared onto our TV screens last year, The Child (known affectionately as Baby Yoda) has taken the world by storm. The Child is a valuable – and adorable – new part of the Star Wars universe. With Season 2 of The Mandalorian on the horizon, Star Wars fans anticipate tuning in to Disney+ for the season premiere. Since Halloween is coming up, what better way to celebrate than painting a pumpkin to look like Baby Yoda: the sweet Star Wars starlet? This is a idea the whole family will ! Disney Family came out with a tutorial for you to make your own DIY pumpkin inspired by The Child. Protect your new pumpkin as fiercely as The Child protects Mando. Check out Disney Family’s instructions below.
Baby Yoda Pumpkin Tutorial
What You’ll Need
- 8″ Pumpkin
- Acrylic paint (light green, black, white, dark green)
- The Child printable template (click “Download PDF” above)
- Hot glue
- Glue stick
How To Make It
- Begin by covering your work surface with newspaper or craft paper. Paint the pumpkin with light green paint, and don’t forget the stem! Add an additional coat of light green paint, if needed. Let dry completely.
- Click “Download PDF” and print out The Child ears and facial features onto cardstock. Carefully cut out.
- Using the template as a guide, lightly sketch the facial features onto the pumpkin with pencil. Fill in with black and dark green paint. Let dry completely.
- Attach The Child’s ears to each side of the pumpkin with hot glue. You may need to trim the edge to better match the shape of your pumpkin.
- Once the black paint for the eyes is completely dry, add two dots (one smaller than the other) of white paint to each eye.
- Create the collar by trimming two pieces of cardstock to a 2.5″ width. Attach one set of edges together with the glue stick. Loop around and secure the other ends with the glue stick, creating a circle shape. Cut out a small notch on each side of the collar, just below the ears for a better fit.
- Place the pumpkin onto the collar and enjoy!
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.
More Baby Yoda for Star Wars Fans
If you can’t get enough Baby Yoda cuteness in your life, we’ve got some bounty for you. BoxLunch released some sweet Baby Yoda items that you can read about here. Disney’s Hollywood Studios offers some PhotoPass magic featuring Baby Yoda. Are you brimming with The Force like the Child?
There’s also an adorable selection of Baby Yoda merchandise available at Disneyland Resort. If you’d rather shop online, shopDisney has you covered with Mandalorian Funko POPs available for pre-order. And – if you really need your Baby Yoda fix – here’s a compilation of some amazing Baby Yoda memes to delight you and your friends. “This is the way.”
The Mandalorian Season 2
Once you have your Baby Yoda pumpkin ready to go, prepare your ship for adventure. “The kid’s coming with me” to the Disney+ premiere of The Mandalorian. The Mandalorian Season 2 premieres on the Disney streaming service October 30th. Continue your journey through the Star Wars universe by watching this fantastic series: “I have spoken.”
Will you be watching The Mandalorian with a Baby Yoda pumpkin by your side? Let us know in the comments!