The news of the new video game came during Sony’s PlayStation 5 showcase, which is where it was revealed the game would be taking place in the 1800s with players controlling a student, who, similarly to Harry Potter, has great importance bestowed upon them.
“Experience Hogwarts in the 1800s,” a preview of the game from the Warner Bros. site said. “Your character is a student who holds the key to an ancient secret that threatens to tear the wizarding world apart. You have received a late acceptance to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and soon discover that you are no ordinary student: you possess an unusual ability to perceive and master Ancient Magic. Only you can decide if you will protect this secret for the good of all, or yield to the temptation of more sinister magic.”
In the gameplay seen in the trailer, it seems players of the game will be able to travel through “familiar and new locations” while customizing their characters. Additionally, they’ll also be able to take part in familiar wizarding activities like casting spells and crafting potions.
At this time, Warner Bros. has only revealed a few details about the game. However, some of you may have heard of this game in a leak a few years back. From this leak, we know some additional information about the upcoming video game. Of course, these are all unconfirmed and should be considered as only possibilities at this time:
- Journey to Hogwarts to become one of 8 different Wizard types.
- Experience Hogwarts, make new friends, uncover new secrets, and change the fate of the Wizarding world.
- Experience a new magic system that creates countless possibilities to master magic.
- Freely explore the Wizarding World for the first time.
- Choose your house and friends at Hogwarts, and decide to pursue a path of good or evil.
- Create your own witch or wizard, and experience a all new story separate from the books or films.
“Hogwarts Legacy” is set to release in 2021 for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC platforms.
Will you be purchasing this new Harry Potter game when it releases next year? Let us know in the comments!