It’s that time of year where we’re loving all things pumpkin. From Pumpkin Spiced Lattes to Pumpkin Carving, Disney fans all over have found a way to Disney-fy one of their fall favorites. And if you like pumpkin and Disney’s original Mr. Mouse, then you’ll love this treat as classic as he is.
Take an hour out of your day to whip up these delicious and cute Mickey’s Pumpkin Whoopie Pies or add on a bow to this recipe for a Minnie Whoopie Pie!
Recipe Source: Disney Family
- Mixing bowls
- Whisk Electric mixer
- Wooden spoon
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pastry bag with 3/4-inch or so opening (or large plastic food storage bag with a lower corner snipped)
- Baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Cooling rack
- Cream cheese frosting (homemade or store bought)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- In a second mixing bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar together until creamy. Beat in the egg, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Then spoon the batter into the pastry bag.
- For the Mickey faces, pipe 2.5-inch blobs of batter on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, spacing them evenly apart. Remember, you need two for each whoopie pie. Use a clean fingertip to gently flatten the blobs into uniform circles, as shown. Tip: dipping your fingertip in water periodically will keep the batter from sticking to it.
- Pipe small ear blobs at the top of each batter face, keeping them as close in size as possible. Again, use a wet fingertip to flatten them, as shown.
- Bake the Mickey pumpkin cakes until they spring back when you press down on the center (about 8 to 10 minutes). Let them cool on the baking sheet slightly before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spoon cream cheese frosting into a pastry bag.
- Pair up the baked pumpkin cakes, matching the shapes and sizes as best you can. Working with one pair at a time, turn one of the cakes face down and pipe moderate mounds of frosting on the face and ears. Top the frosted cake with its match and gently press down to spread the filling and hold the whoopie pie together. Store leftover whoopie pies in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More Disney Pumpkin Recipes
For other fall pumpkin treats, try out some of these recipes and one puts a spin on an iconic Disney dessert!
- Club 33 Pumpkin Beignets
- Disney’s Pumpkin Twists
- Disney’s Pumpkin Pancakes
- Disney’s Pumpkin Creme Brulee
- Disney’s Pumpkin Bars
- Disney World’s Pumpkin Spice Sundae