While this is sure to be a showstopper at your Thanksgiving table or an Autumn dinner party, there’s no reason you can’t enjoy it now as part of Disney’s #Halfway2Halloween social media campaign too! Plus, then you can give your brand new crème brûlée recipe a trial run before the holiday season arrives.
Pumpkin Crème Brûlée (Courtesy of Disney)
What You Need:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 1/4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 drop orange food coloring
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
Pumpkin Creme Brulee
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 10 egg yolks
- 6 teaspoons granulated sugar
What You Do:
For Sable Cookies
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Cut butter into small pieces and place in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Add flour, sugar, salt, and almond flour and mix on medium speed until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add egg yolk and orange food coloring and beat until soft ball of dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1/8-inch thick rectangle using 2 sheets of parchment paper to prevent sticking. Chill in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Cut into small pumpkin shapes and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until cookies begin to brown. Cool completely before serving.
For Sugared Pecans
- Line baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Heat medium sauté pan over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add pecans and sugar. Stir constantly with rubber spatula for 4-6 minutes, until pecans are evenly toasted and sugar begins to caramelize.
- Pour onto prepared baking pan to cool.
For Pumpkin Creme Brulee
- Preheat oven to 270°F. Place 6 ramekins 3 inches apart in roasting pan. Set aside.
- Combine cream, pumpkin puree, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it reaches 145°F.
- Place egg yolks in large bowl and beat until smooth. Slowly mix 1/2 cup of warm cream mixture into eggs, whisking constantly. Pour into cream mixture on top of stove and cook, whisking constantly until it reaches 145°F.
- Pour 1/3 cup of custard into each ramekin. Place roasting pan in oven and carefully pour enough hot water into roasting pan to cover ramekins half way up sides.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until crème brûlée is set.
- Remove ramekins from pan and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
To Serve Disney Dessert
Evenly sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar on top of each cooled crème brûlée. Using caution, melt sugar with culinary torch until golden brown and crispy. Top with cookie and sugared pecans.
Related Disney Recipe: Make The Delicious Maple Crème Brûlée From EPCOT At Home
If you do not have a culinary torch, you may caramelize tops in an oven – but be sure to use oven-proof ramekins. Preheat oven to high broil. Place cooled creme brulee ramekins on baking sheet. (Be sure dessert is free of condensation from refrigeration before broiling. If needed, gently blot tops with clean paper towel.)
Evenly sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar on top of each crème brûlée. Broil 3 to 5 minutes. Monitor closely until sugar has melted and a crispy, browned crust has formed.
Et voila! Although this is a challenging recipe, everyone who eats your pumpkin crème brûlée will be amazed by how delicious it is. This unexpected Disney recipe is sure to make an appearance on all of the dessert tables you curate for years to come.
Are you going to make this pumpkin crème brûlée recipe at home? Tell us how your turns out in the comments!