More reservation-only merchandise is coming to Disneyland Resort! Disneyland debuted this shopping system last month and today announced another reservation shopping event on the @DisneylandToday Twitter account.
Happy haunts have materialized in #DowntownDisney! Make your reservation for the newest Disneyland Resort Shopping Reservation opportunity and add these two spooky treats to your collection! https://t.co/ymap1PqVlT pic.twitter.com/9hjO4Dl3lL
— Disneyland Today (@DisneylandToday) September 8, 2020
The social media post reads:
Happy haunts have materialized in #DowntownDisney! Make your reservation for the newest Disneyland Resort Shopping Reservation opportunity and add these two spooky treats to your collection!
The official Disneyland website features additional information about getting a Downtown Disney District shopping reservation:
Make a shopping reservation and join us for a wonderful opportunity to purchase some favorite Disneyland Resort Featured Products! Please note reservations are limited.
Select a shopping window to visit the former ESPN Zone in the Downtown Disney District to check out some new and exciting Disneyland Resort merchandise.
Additional merchandise outside the Featured Products may be available. The products will be available for a specified time period before other merchandise is offered, so you’ll want to check back here often to see what’s new.
It also showcases the two pieces of Disney merchandise that will be available this go-around — a Haunted Mansion Funko POP! and a Fidget Bat Pin.
The Haunted Mansion Ghost Organist Funko was previously available on shopDisney.com, but is no longer for sale though. This is a great opportunity if you’re a Southern California-based Funko POP collector who missed out the first time this vinyl figure was sold.
The other item, a Bat Day Disneyland 2020 pin features Fidget from The Great Mouse Detective. This writer thinks Great Mouse Detective is one of the most underrated of all Walt Disney Animation Studios movies, so I’m partial to this collectible!
Know Before You Go
Before you visit Downtown Disney for your shopping reservation, be aware of the fact that the following health and safety protocols are in-place:
- Limited and carefully managed attendance: All guests will be required to make advanced ticket purchases and reservations.
- Reduced capacity and physical distancing: We’re reducing capacity by letting fewer people enter our parks and are adjusting experiences to allow for physical distancing, a key measure reinforced by the CDC. This includes physical distancing in dining experiences, attractions, queues and other locations. Additionally, physical barriers have been installed in areas where physical distancing may be difficult to maintain, like cash registers.
- Temperature checks: Quick temperature checks are required for all guests at entry to our theme parks.
- Face coverings: We will be requiring both cast members and guests ages two and older to wear a face covering – unless swimming or when eating or drinking – and enforcing this policy across our parks and resorts.
- Hand-washing and hand sanitizer: We have increased the number of hand sanitizer locations and hand-washing stations throughout our parks and resorts.