Try This Rapunzel Inspired Frying Pan Cookie Recipe During Quarantine
The premise of the story is her desire to leave home to experience the outdoors and watch the floating lanterns that soar through the sky every year on her birthday. Early in the film through an upbeat song, we’re introduced to the different activities that Rapunzel enjoys to help her get through her days inside such as reading, painting, sewing and brushing her long golden hair — to name a few. Things that you and I may have also tried out during our time inside!
One of the activities she mentions in the song is her attempts at baking while trying to pass the time. I don’t know about you, but I have personally done a lot of baking in quarantine. It’s something that isn’t too hard and requires a certain level of involvement that helps keep us occupied and interested.
Today we’re going to try out a sweet treat that Disney has shared through our favorite positive princess — Rapunzel’s frying pan cookie recipe!
Make Sure You Have the Following Ingredients:
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
Let’s Get Baking!
- First — whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Next you’ll add the coconut oil, maple syrup and the apple sauce together in a bowl stirring.
- Once the liquid mixture is stirred well, pour it into the flour mixture and add in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the dough into a frying pan and bake the cookie dough for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Test the cookie with a fork in the middle to make sure the dough is cooked well. The cookie should end up being a nice golden brown! Want to take it to the next level? Serve it with ice cream if you want an extra sugar kick!