BOO TO YOU AND YOU AND YOU!
Disney has given us the BIGGEST Halloween present of all time! With Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party being canceled this year, one of the biggest losses was the chance to wear a Costume in Magic Kingdom.
Traditionally, these evening events were the only times adults (over the age of 14) were allowed to wear costumes, dress up, or cosplay characters. This Fall of 2020, Disney fans of all ages can wear costumes during the day to our favorite Disney Park!
Approved: Costumes in Magic Kingdom this Fall
The Disney Parks Blog released news today of the new Halloween Cavalcade with Disney characters, extra tasty fall cupcakes, and some special treats (no tricks) including this announcement. From September 15th, 2020 to October 31, 2020, guests of ALL AGES will be allowed to wear creative, funny, spooky and fun costumes at Magic Kingdom during all operating hours.
To bring some Halloween party fun into the park this year, for the first time guests of all ages can wear your funniest, Disney-ist, most creative costumes during Magic Kingdom Park regular operating hours from Sept. 15 to Oct. 31. As an important reminder, costume masks are not permitted for adults; only children younger than 14 years old are permitted to wear costume masks. – Disney Parks Blog
Children under 14 have always been welcome to wear a Princess dress, parade as a Disney villain, hero or adventurer, but adults have been restricted to party nights only. Now, we’re getting our chance to strut our Disney bounding and costume piece stuff before the moon shines. Remember to follow all Costume Guidelines set by Disney , as well as remembering your face mask for health and safety this fall season:
- Clothing with objectionable material, including obscene language or graphics are Not Allowed
- Excessively torn clothing Not Allowed
- Clothing which, by nature, exposes excessive portions of the skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment is Not Allowed
- Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or could detract from the experience of other Guests.
- All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costuming must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, the park unless his or her Halloween costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
- Guests ages 13 & under may wear masks, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible. Safety masks must be worn while rules are in place.
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g., full-length Princess dresses)
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Halloween masks are not permitted for Guests ages 14 and over, but you will be expected to wear a safety mask while rules are in place.
Remember that other Disney theme park options are not accepting costumes. Epcot, Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios remain costume free, but you may Disneybound all you like! The Disneybounds arriving in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge are great fun!
How will you be dressing up during this MAGICAL and SPOOPY (yup, I spelled it that way – it’s spooky and fun!) Halloween season at Magic Kingdom? Remember to follow all the rules and have lots of fun. Create a fun face mask to go with your costume, and take all the pictures you like in your Disney costumes.
How will yow be dressing up? Leave us a comment below about your Halloween getup!